Honored Contributor

Re: "New" Fashions Presented

@kelsey17 Take a look at Linea...that is where I go for classic and understated at QVC.  His suits and jackets never fail to please.

@kelsey17 wrote:

Just from seeing the past week or two some of the new fashions being presented on QVC it seems they are pretty much what we have seen the past year................either super casual, huge prints, bell sleeves, zippers everywhere, palazzo pants ugh, fit and flare (which isn't complimentary on everyone as they claim...ha) long tunic tops, ankle pants,uneven hems, etc.

Was hoping for more classic or understated styles.....

Different strokes for different folks.............

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kelsey17.  Most of what they've shown the past week has been clearance.  Today is the first day with lots of new. 

@Chicagosuburbangirl   If someone can't find styles without the trendy fashion details, she isn't looking very hard.  Look for the word "essentials"; they are wardrobe basics.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I don’t want to see anymore florals, cold shoulder, bell sleeves or COral.  It’s one color I won’t wear.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree that they have lots of new today. They haven't had much in a while.  I was pleasantly surprsed.

Honored Contributor

For so many years there was only conservative and traditional types of boxy shapeless clothing sold here which is fine if that is what you like but I like that QVC is presenting more fun and so many different styles now.  There is something for everyone now it seems and if you see nothng you like here just buy your clothing from places that will better suit your style of dress.  

Honored Contributor

QVC sells what most customers want, they continue to sell what the customers buy.  You are not going to find classic, tailored, office type fashions here.  I think Linea is the only QVC fasion line that comes close to that.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pook wrote:

For so many years there was only conservative and traditional types of boxy shapeless clothing sold here which is fine if that is what you like but I like that QVC is presenting more fun and so many different styles now.  There is something for everyone now it seems and if you see nothng you like here just buy your clothing from places that will better suit your style of dress.  

@Pook  I agree.  Traditional, understated, conservative clothing is the QVC of old.  It's not totally gone, but it's not going to get the same kind of on-air time.  You can still find plenty of more reserved styles, i.e., the Linea line, but all in all, QVC seems to be selling what's popular by more women.  It's all in the sales numbers.

I watch some blogs on fashion, beauty, and decor on Youtube, and I've notice QVC commercials interspersed in many of them.  Very slick, good-looking advertising.  Absolutely nothing about their ads suggest you can shop for traditional, understated designs here.  

Valued Contributor

I used to go to denim & co for basic styles and Linea for out to dinner clothes.  Lately it all seems to look alike.  One designer line is kind of like the other. LOGO at least is unique but that multi layered look is not for me.  QVC has to appeal to all shoppers and I think we can all find something that appeals to our taste but I find it difficult to find one or two items without having to search and search. My wish if for different fabrics and more sophisticated colors and prints.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Chicagosuburbangirl wrote:

Wish the Q would have more traditional clothing.

I want my clothing to wear for more than one season and not look like the most trendy wardrobe from last year.

@Chicagosuburbangirl  I agree w/you, but, of course, then they would have nothing to sell you.  I swear clothing is becoming so cheap, it won't last more than one season.

Trusted Contributor

I'm missing something here.

Every B&M store has a website -- from Nieman to Kohls.
Why don't people find a designer(s) or line(s) that suits them and buy online from regular stores? S&H is often free or reasonable. Returns are easy. There are always sales and online coupons.