Super Contributor

I don't expect the prices to be the same as they were 10 years ago. What can you still buy for the same price as 10 years ago? Everything has gone up, clothing, shoes, jewelry, groceries, cars, toys and on and on. Do you expect QVC to offer the same items at the price they were 10 years ago? Dream on!

Esteemed Contributor

I liked the Active "set" they offered yesterday, and it was a reasonable two piece price. However, I can't believe they would not offer it in petites. This set was $49. and would be $59. with S&H and tax. But no petite. The pants were slightly flared and at 31" would lose their shape with a hem. Plus with that, the top would be too long and make the legs short. It wouldn't work for petites. If they're going to make something good, do it right for all of us, especially the average American woman!

Honored Contributor

I rarely order from QVC anymore , except for as is or clearance items. They have priced themselves out of my range. Sad , because I used to buy from them. I now shop locally, enjoy the no S&H and enjoy the entire shopping experience. Plus - you get home with your purchase in your hand to use as soon as you please. And you get to hold the item and feel the fabric - look at the quality etc.

I live in a state where there is tax on clothing but we go home to Pa in the summer where there is not tax on clothing. I also only need summer clothes as I live in Florida in the winter. So most of my clothing is purchased locally in Pa. while we are there in the summer.

My DH gave me a gift card for Christmas and I bought 6 really nice weight , tunic length , very pretty t shirts from Lane Bryant for $60. 3 were $8 each and the others were $12 each and there was a coupon for free S&H. They were all on clearance due to being short sleeve and summer weight but it goes to show the prices at the Q are way off base.

Honored Contributor

D&C has gotten a bit too pricey for me too. As well as their S&H.

"To each their own, in all things".
Super Contributor
I absolutely agree!!! The only reason I shop Denim & Co. Is because of their low pricing, but, with shipping, they are pricing me out! It is ridiculous and I hope they will pay attention.
Valued Contributor

The prices of clothing on QVC has become ridiculous. I ordered some WWC leggings a month ago, the price has gone up $4 this month. Unless something is on a serious sale which QVC doesn't have think my clothing purchases at QVC are done.

Contributor

I totally agree that the pricing has gotten out of hand. Am I correct in remembering that the D&C side pocket pants, which I love, started out being priced at $19.95 and now are $30.00? And because I buy these throughout the year I occasionally get a pair that the elastic is inferior and doesn't last. Has anyone else had this experience?

Regular Contributor
I am cranky about increased pricing too, but when I think more about it, it might be better for my buying habits. Instead of having 4 of something that sits in a closet or drawer, I might be smarter having one item I like very much and get full wear from from it. That's how I grew up. With mass production imports, I got hooked on quantity. Too often many of these items found their way to charity, some with tags. Whereas my better quality classic items from the well-known retailers survived. For me, I have returned to my roots and try to buy smartly but make exception for a few fashion flash-in-the-pans. The classics I buy cost more but after final analysis, end up being the true bargains.
New Contributor

I completely agree with not liking the higher prices. Hosts keep pushing the easy pay prices to make it seem that the item is not too expensive. Have not purchased many d&c items because of the higher prices.

Frequent Contributor

I don't have an issue with staple items going up in price over time. But I don't know any other retailer, online or otherwise, that keeps the same fashions for years on end, and actually raises the prices. I can understand having an original price, putting something "on sale"and raising it back to original price. But raising the original price is unheard of anywhere but QVC. After a year items should go on sale, and then to clearance and then gone.