Honored Contributor

Re: Would like to see more of Louis Del'Olio and...

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

I wonder what the different numbers or stats are for each of the lines that QVC sells. Something tells me if a particular clothing line sells well and few returns, we see more of it.

I do enjoy Linea but often times there is little stock. My fall winter wardrobe I bought the ponte pants and they look brand new, although I wore them frequently. The quality is excellent.

@Trinity11

And therein lies the rub. How do you get real stats when only a handful are given the prime time slots?? (and multiple shows per week)

It's easy to say that SG sells best when her visibility is 3 fold higher than most! The same with Logo!

Yes, very true! I do remember when Louis once said on one of his presentations that sometimes his hands are tied regarding details to his clothing because QVC wants him to set a certain price point. I think if he was allowed to design his garments the way that he wants to, we would see a lot of very unique designs.....

@Trinity11

Apparently the 'buyers' the vendors often refer to don't simply point and say 'we'll take 20000 pieces please' but actually have major input in the designs.

One of the newer HSN vendors was pretty candid about what was expected from her...

I have a feeling that has much to do with why Brad is no longer associated with C Wonder; lack of creative license!

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

I remember when Louis once said on one of his presentations that sometimes his hands are tied regarding details to his clothing because QVC wants him to set a certain price point. I think if he was allowed to design his garments the way that he wants to, we would see a lot of very unique designs.....

@Trinity11

I guess if LDO is willing to compromise his designs to sell on QVC ... that's his fault.  No one is forcing him to do business with QVC - particularly now - there are other shopping channels, catalogs, and websites.

After Renee Greenstein left QVC for a time (after the original Citiknits), I was buying her Attitudes line from a catalog whose name I can't recall at the moment.  

He would disappear from QVC if he was allowed to exercise his creative genius because apparently the powers that be think we wouldn't purchase more expensive clothing. I know I would because I prefer quality to quantity.

Honored Contributor

I've always thought of Linea as small, boutique type of vendor. He has a loyal following but not much inventory and what he sells appeals more to older customers.  He just doesn't run with the big dogs here at Qvc.  As long as he has been here, I've bought two cardigans and that was a couple of years ago.  It was frustrating because the coordinating pieces were sold out, so I couldn't build an outfit.  They never came back into inventory.  Ater that, I wouldn't order anything if I couldn't get the coordinating pieces....and I never could because even if I tried to place an order 20 seconds after they showed an item, sizes were already gone.  Of course, I didn't know that people knew about his items, before he actually had a shows and they scooped them up early, so when he had show, not much was left.  Like I said, if Logo and SG and IM are department stores.....Linea is a tiny little boutique. 

Esteemed Contributor

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

I LOVE his Whisper Knit sweaters!!!  They are beautiful and nicely made.

I do too and he has beautiful colors!

Regular Contributor

I agree Louis has more detailed clothing...LorI's seem to be the same design, a little more swag a little more lace, or chiffon..but always the same old thing.