Contributor

Just looking at today's swimsuit show, and am disappointed yet again.  Such cute suits- but sets only!  QVC has such a huge audience- why do they not offer more swim separates for those of us with less than average shapes?  If you are large on the bottom and have small breasts, you are totally out of luck here!  Much smaller companies, like Lands End, can do it- and I generally end up going there for a good fit.  So why can QVC get on this?

Another pet peeve- amny of us wear rashguard tops these days, but they are not to be found on this site. It's not like they are a rare item elsewhere, so why are they not here?

So many swimsuit designers on QVC- all offering the same type of suit- cute, but not for the large numbers of us with different size tops and bottoms, not to mention heights- the tops are not usually good for short people in that the straps don't adjust much.

Honored Contributor

@dmhslib wrote:

Just looking at today's swimsuit show, and am disappointed yet again.  Such cute suits- but sets only!  QVC has such a huge audience- why do they not offer more swim separates for those of us with less than average shapes?  If you are large on the bottom and have small breasts, you are totally out of luck here!  Much smaller companies, like Lands End, can do it- and I generally end up going there for a good fit.  So why can QVC get on this?

Another pet peeve- amny of us wear rashguard tops these days, but they are not to be found on this site. It's not like they are a rare item elsewhere, so why are they not here?

So many swimsuit designers on QVC- all offering the same type of suit- cute, but not for the large numbers of us with different size tops and bottoms, not to mention heights- the tops are not usually good for short people in that the straps don't adjust much.

@dmhslib

Maybe they didn't sell very well last year?    

What is a rashguard top?   I've never heard of this.

Respected Contributor

I agree with OP.  QVC often talks about what a huge audience they have.  Why not offer more variety in sizes?  I'm tall, and didn't see any long torso swimsuits.  In most clothes they offer petite, regular and plus sizes, but rarely anything for talls.  Funny thing is, the odd times that they do, they seem to sell quickly.

Honored Contributor

Probably too hard to keep inventory, Q likes to sell sets of things, like sets of tanks, bras etc

Hard to predict how many sizes of tops vs bottoms they would need, too complex for this medium.  Their swimsuit season is very short as well.

My guess on this

Honored Contributor

Old Navy had rashguards last year, I got one half price

Honored Contributor

Honestly I didn't realize QVC even sold that many swimsuits.  I see very few shows on air.  Everything I've ever seen them sell were all slimming suits of some kind.  They just aren't my choice to go to for swimwear.  

Trusted Contributor

I would love to see more bottoms to go with the tops. Board shorts, briefs, swim shorts etc. 

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Honored Contributor

FWIW......

Kohl's offline department stores has a huge selection of separates when it comes to bathing suits.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I'm thinking that it might be better to find swimwear separates at regular stores.  I'm very long, and I need more coverage.  Would love to see true brief panty, or maybe a short boy-short in the swimsuits.  For swimming. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

Re: Why no swim separates?

[ Edited ]

The best swimsuits are at Lands End - try landsend.com.  They have so many separates for all shapes and sizes.