Honored Contributor

Re: Why is Amy wearing Vince Camuto Shoes?

As heels have become higher, the toe over hang has become more of an issue. A half size larger will not always correct the problem as it could make the shoe ill-fitting all over.

I do not think this is a case of wearing a shoe that is too small. I think it's a design flaw. The pitch of the shoe causes the foot to slide forward. The tip of the shoe is often times too tapered to accommodate more than 2 toes.

When it comes to pumps, frequently I see women wearing them too big as there is a space between their heel and the back of the shoe.

Respected Contributor

On 3/3/2015 lulu2 said:

As heels have become higher, the toe over hang as become more of an issue. A half size larger will not always correct the problem as it could make the shoe ill-fitting all over.

I do not think this is a case of wearing a shoe that is too small. I think it's a design flaw. The pitch of the shoe causes the foot to slide forward. The tip of the shoe is often times too tapered to accommodate more than 2 toes.

When it comes to pumps, frequently I see women wearing them too big as there is a space between their heel and the back of the shoe.

I agree with this assessment -- often, it's the foot sliding forward, not the actual size of the shoe, that causes the problem.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/2/2015 giorgcoco said: I love Vince Camuto shoes.....QVC, WHY DONT THE HOST WEAR THE SHOES THEY SELL?????

Because the hosts can wear basically what they want.

Super Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}{#emotions_dlg.scared} Regarding Vince Camuto shoes, I was browsing online and found THIS picture someone uploaded apparently from a Nordstrom? Who would post this awful picture and did she think they looked good? IMO these shoes do NOT fit this woman, she has her feet crammed into both styles and not only are her toes hanging outside of the shoe but the black one is so tight on her ankle it looks like it is cutting off circulation. {#emotions_dlg.blink}Why can't women figure out what the correct size is for their feet and why can't they accept that some shoes are not made to fit their feet?

I hope the woman in this picture did not buy either of these pairs of shoes!

Respected Contributor

She is wearing VC shoes because she is stylish. Geesh, the frumpy shoes Jane sells are horrendous! Go Amy!

Respected Contributor

On 3/2/2015 sparklestar said:

Why should that be a requirement?

Yup, I never see sales staff in DEPT stores in clothing from the store,,,,

Super Contributor

On 3/4/2015 ellaphant said:
On 3/2/2015 sparklestar said:

Why should that be a requirement?

Yup, I never see sales staff in DEPT stores in clothing from the store,,,,

How would you know the sales staff in Dept stores do not wear clothing from the store.

When I worked in retail, we did wear what we sold as we were given a hefty discount.

Unless I had to wear QVC shoes as part of my job description, I doubt I would wear them either.

Super Contributor

She should try the Pedag insoles that prevent slipping forward.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/3/2015 lulu2 said:

As heels have become higher, the toe over hang has become more of an issue. A half size larger will not always correct the problem as it could make the shoe ill-fitting all over.

Lulu, you are right. It is a design flaw. The size is correct but the pitch of the shoe is off. I also dislike the space between the heel and back of shoe! Those are typically poorly constructed as well. The right size feels tight and a size bigger produces this gap when the foot slides forward. I typically just skip it and select another style.

Respected Contributor

On 3/3/2015 Heart of Spade said:

This always bugs me about the Q. On HSN the hosts/models were HSN clothing and accessories and tell you the item numbers for these things, even if they're not part of the show.

By the hosts not wearing Q items head to toe, it reinforces the fact that the Q's selection of fashions and accessories is lacking.

I disagree. No one person only shops in one place. We ALL know that. And if there are no shoes being offered in a show segment, why would you wear a QVC shoe?