Honored Contributor

Re: Why do they keep dressing the hosts in such tight clothing?

On 4/23/2014 SurvivedOne said:

Love a woman who secure enough in herself to wear fitted clothing. It exudes confidence, sass. A woman showing off her curves with the right garment, high heels or high boots looks beautiful.

Uh ... not always.

There's more to dressing well than wearing fitted clothing. It's one thing to wear clothing that enhances your body type .... and another thing to wear clothes that make you look like a stuffed sausage. Contrary to what you say, that's really NOT attractive. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Honored Contributor

On 4/23/2014 winamac1 said:
On 4/23/2014 aggravated said:
On 4/23/2014 winamac1 said:

I don't think Jayne Brown wears her clothing too tight. I also don't think that Leah does, for the most part either.

The worst offenders are Shawn, JRT (especially her jackets), LIsa R. and Kerstin.

Wimamac1 - yes. What you said on ALL counts! The two hosts on at night, kerstin and Jennifer, are wearing VERY tight clothes all the time. Kerstin I think needs more clothing all together - she looks half nude most of the time and what she does wear is too tight. Shawn's clothes are WAY too tight 9/10ths of the time. Jackets and cardigan sweathers don't seem to fit one single person who works at QVC.

Hi Aggravated. I don't see Jennifer often so I can't really attest to that. (The few times I"ve seen her I haven't noticed). I do think the others I mentioned need to size up. But, I guess they love to have their jackets and tops "busting" at the seams.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}Wink

Totally agree! All counts from the top to the bottom!

Trusted Contributor

S-e-x-a-p-p-e-a-l
Honored Contributor

I taught tailoring before the curriculum changed and Mary Beth's dress had no horizontal lines from pulling. The fabric fell against her body and women do have curves, I agree. The striped shrug wasn't at all becoming. It cut MB off with a horizontal line, which you shouldn't do unless you have height to waste. I would have made the front square edges into a curve to follow the lines of the body so it would have been more becoming.

Honored Contributor

They want to give you yet another thing to complain about.

Honored Contributor

That shrug was awful, IMO.
Super Contributor

On 4/23/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:
On 4/23/2014 SurvivedOne said:

Love a woman who secure enough in herself to wear fitted clothing. It exudes confidence, sass. A woman showing off her curves with the right garment, high heels or high boots looks beautiful.

Uh ... not always.

There's more to dressing well than wearing fitted clothing. It's one thing to wear clothing that enhances your body type .... and another thing to wear clothes that make you look like a stuffed sausage. Contrary to what you say, that's really NOT attractive. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

"Fitted clothing" means clothing that fits the woman. Nowhere did I suggest or infer dressing like a "stuffed sausage". A woman who wears her fashion for her body type, that fits rather than dressing in oversized, baggy clothing thinking she is hiding...says just that. All female bodies are beautiful and enjoying style that is fitted for a woman's body type is only positive, IMO.

Honored Contributor

Maybe they're trying to attract more male viewers.

Super Contributor

Or a LARGE like Carolyn and Leah.
Esteemed Contributor

On 4/23/2014 ECBG said:

I taught tailoring before the curriculum changed and Mary Beth's dress had no horizontal lines from pulling. The fabric fell against her body and women do have curves, I agree. The striped shrug wasn't at all becoming. It cut MB off with a horizontal line, which you shouldn't do unless you have height to waste. I would have made the front square edges into a curve to follow the lines of the body so it would have been more becoming.

Impressed with your knowledge, ECBG. Feel free to share your tips and wisdom anytime with us!

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau