Honored Contributor
On 3/29/2015 stray770 said: Prices have increased everywhere not just QVC. The cost of living is much higher in the US. I don't think it is logical to think pricing will remain the same.

This quite true but I think posters are objecting to price increases on current inventory. I would be annoyed if I went to Bloomingdales or any of the places I shop and saw a $20 increase on something from the past week.

They can bring new inventory at a higher price which makes sense but just slapping higher prices on current inventory is not playing fair and easier to do in the internet shopping medium

Contributor
Qvc replied because everyone was complaining about shipping prices. They have to make up the money somewhere. I never thought the shipping was crazy. Now that I don't live in a major metro it costs me 7 to 10 bucks in gas to drive to shop.
Esteemed Contributor
On 3/29/2015 stray770 said: Prices have increased everywhere not just QVC. The cost of living is much higher in the US. I don't think it is logical to think pricing will remain the same.

these are not price increases to cover increased costs, Q increased them on existing items to offset the "gift" of lower shipping they supposedly gave us. Of course they will also make $ on return shipping, too, if you use their label.

I have bought 2 items since the new policy went into place and they were things I couldn't find elsewhere.

I thought about purchasing one of IM's dresses on Saturday but decided against it. I'm going to shop for fashion and shoes at other retailers.

Esteemed Contributor
On 3/29/2015 coffeeaddict77 said: Qvc replied because everyone was complaining about shipping prices. They have to make up the money somewhere. I never thought the shipping was crazy. Now that I don't live in a major metro it costs me 7 to 10 bucks in gas to drive to shop.

Q simply pulled a bait and switch operation on this.

Honored Contributor

They started raising prices a lot before the decrease in shipping prices. The raise in prices is a huge jump and new items (from Graver, LOGO, Isaac, etc.) start around $50. and up. Even Denim & Co. is way up. Hard to get a tee less than $28-$30.+ before tax and shipping.

Valued Contributor

I stopped buying from QVC. I have only bought 3 things from them in the last year. I have been buying from B&M stores. What is out there will amaze you guys. When SG prices went up, that's when I quit buying. And the prices for LOGO are a crime.

Respected Contributor

Based on the prices of the tops I used to buy from QVC, I think I am definitely out! I can go to a nearby store - Belk's, Kohl's, Dillard's - and buy better quality for much less. With no S&H and no charge to return it if it doesn't work out. Why waste my money? We can afford it, but that's because we didn't waste our money through the previous years.

BTW, I've never purchased anything from Kohl's. It's the drabbest store I have seen in years. But I look there once in a while to see if it's changed.

Trusted Contributor
On 3/27/2015 namealreadytaken said:

Well, golly. You all have not been looking at clearance. LDO had a skirt marked down from $40 to $39.87 on clearance. That's hard to beat.

LOL there are lots of big clearance prices that you save a whopping $1.00. I don't even know how they have the audacity to call that clearance. The best one I've seen was that the AS IS price was more money than the original price. Oh yes let me buy that as is product so I could save them for the teacher, the postman and my best friends before it sells out. They really must think that we, as the consumers, are really stu**d to not notice these ridiculous so called clearance prices.
Frequent Contributor

I agree, the prices have gone up, and I get better deals at a few of the stores that I like. I cannot use the reduced shipping because I have issues with my mail here. If I don't use the UPS option, chances are, the smaller packages will be lost. So, I am not really getting a deal here. I still purchase some items, but you can find the same styles in the stores, and no shipping.