Respected Contributor

Re: We're in Trouble Fall Fashion 2017

Boot cut jeans are apparently back "in." For me, they never left. I have three pairs of skinny jeans, but the majority of my pants are boot cut. 

I won't start thinking about new fall fashion until the end of September. Where I live it really doesn't start getting cool until almost Halloween, so I'm still in summer mode. 

Respected Contributor

@ECBG your right..... a lot of it seemed to be a clearance event. I was a bit surprised.

Respected Contributor

I don't pay attention to fashion "trends" at all, never have.  Wear what fits and looks best for your body type. We all know what suits us. I do enjoy watching the color's in style for a particular season though but that's it. Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Wait but this is the good stuff.  But you can always shop elsewhere.  That's the good part of shopping, there are lots of stores.

Honored Contributor

I have noticed that prices have increased.  Pretty soon you'll need financing and 3 character references to buy a piece of Logo, and Susan Graver is snapping at her heels.  I don't understand why; transportation costs (fuel) are down, labor costs have stayed about the same, petroleum costs are down (polyester).  Just because they can, I guess. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I have noticed that prices have increased.  Pretty soon you'll need financing and 3 character references to buy a piece of Logo, and Susan Graver is snapping at her heels.  I don't understand why; transportation costs (fuel) are down, labor costs have stayed about the same, petroleum costs are down (polyester).  Just because they can, I guess. 

@Kachina624,Your illustration is priceless Girl!!!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SouthFlorida321 wrote:

I don't pay attention to fashion "trends" at all, never have.  Wear what fits and looks best for your body type. We all know what suits us. I do enjoy watching the color's in style for a particular season though but that's it. Smiley Very Happy

@SouthFlorida321,I stay aware of trends because I want to know what is out there to play with.  I won't, however, wear something just because it is trending.  Some things work for me and are an improvement from what I had. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Yes the prices on some lines are really going up...Susan's line really is very expensive...I kinda liked one top she had in lace but my goodness it was going to cost me $65 I know I can find tops that are truly really nice at the mall and get it for half that....and be able to try it on for fit and color.

Super Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

So we have "flared" pants better known as bell bottoms.

This made me laugh. The so called 'ankle pants' back in the day were called flood pants.