Honored Contributor

Re: Wal-Mart strikes deal with Lord & Taylor, growing in fashion against Amazon

I don't live anywhere near a Lord and Taylors but if I can purchase on line, and return to my local walmart (saving return costs) I might be inclined to purchase from them.

Honored Contributor

I hope it works out for both Wal-Mart and Lord & Taylor ... for the sake of their employees and stockholders.

No Wal-Mart stores around here but there's a Lord & Taylor about a mile away ... but I haven't been there in several years.  So much easier to shop online at any hour of the day and night.

Esteemed Contributor

I hope that Wal Mart does a better job of managing the L&T  webpage then L&T does.  Their web site is one hot mess.

I also read that L&T is selling their flagship building on 5th Avenue and will retain the use of only three floors from the 10 floors in the building.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

On an older ipad 2 the Walmart.com website is a real clunker as pages crash constantly and pages reload because of problems. Maybe people have better luck with a desktop or mobile. Their search engine sucks too. 

I just read Linda Moss' Homeshoppingista blog about a 3rd party seller on Walmart's site that is selling clothes from brands that you see on QVC so I took a look but it sure was a roundabout way to find 17 pages of Dennis Basso clothing on Walmart.com. So how does a 3rd party seller have the nerve to use the photos which look like they were lifted from QVC to sell her stuff?

https://homeshoppingista.wordpress.com/2017/11/15/buy-qvc-clothes-at-dirt-cheap-prices-at-walmart/

Honored Contributor

@Ocalagala wrote:

My mother worked in the main store of Lord & Taylor in Manhattan for years.  They always prided themselves as a very high end store.  It's just not right that they be partnered with Walmart.  She must be rolling in her grave!

@Ocalagala . My cousin worked for many years in that store too!

Honored Contributor

There is no competition when speaking of Amazon. 

Companies are grasping at straws, Will continue to loose. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

There is no competition when speaking of Amazon. 

Companies are grasping at straws, Will continue to loose. 

I agree. Walmart is hoping to go from the inexpensive to the expensive patrons.

I notice on their surveys they even ask your ethnicity and annual income.

Walmart has a long row to hoe to even come near Amazon. It didn't take Amazon overnight. Walmart online is just a mess and everything about is so. Bad delivery, bad packing, bad return system. Maybe the next century.

Honored Contributor

@TY wrote:

On an older ipad 2 the Walmart.com website is a real clunker as pages crash constantly and pages reload because of problems. Maybe people have better luck with a desktop or mobile. Their search engine sucks too. 

I just read Linda Moss' Homeshoppingista blog about a 3rd party seller on Walmart's site that is selling clothes from brands that you see on QVC so I took a look but it sure was a roundabout way to find 17 pages of Dennis Basso clothing on Walmart.com. So how does a 3rd party seller have the nerve to use the photos which look like they were lifted from QVC to sell her stuff?

https://homeshoppingista.wordpress.com/2017/11/15/buy-qvc-clothes-at-dirt-cheap-prices-at-walmart/

In all probability, the vendor owns the property rights to the photographs.  He/she or they agree(s) to their usage by Walmart or Amazon, or whatever source is using them.

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@Ocalagala wrote:

My mother worked in the main store of Lord & Taylor in Manhattan for years.  They always prided themselves as a very high end store.  It's just not right that they be partnered with Walmart.  She must be rolling in her grave!

@Ocalagala . My cousin worked for many years in that store too!

@haddon9  Would you think it is right for them to partner with Amazon or to go bankrupt?  What would you choose for their destiny.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox wrote:

Hate Walmart and Love Lord and Taylor they are my go to store

Me, too. I only went to that store once....NEVER AGAIN.  It gives me the creeps. 

But, I would definitely shop at L&T if we had one near.