Esteemed Contributor

Re: Twiggy -- anyone know why she left HSN?

@Happiness Is Inside JOB I liked Terry Lewis as a show host and she was very good as a vendor. She seemed to really be involved in her designs and what items would be in each collection.  A speculation regarding Terry's partnership with HSN continuing may be a dollars and cents issue.  The expense required to continue to produce an in-house fashion line focused on leather, suede, faux fur, silks and other natural fibers may have been more than HSN was willing to pass on to their customers for an in-house brand.  Shopping channel customers seem to be willing to pay $200+ for a national brand merchandise (many examples on HSN and QVC), they seem to rebel at paying higher prices for the made exclusively for the channel lines. 

I liked some of Twiggy things too, but she's gone.  I never say never, so if she expands her brand again it's possible she may find her way back to an American shopping channel.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

'I, for one', would love to see Twiggy at the Q.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Even if Twiggy came to QVC, I'd probably rarely buy.  The prices would be too high.  HSN offered fabulous mark downs on her items.  They were expensive at first, but the prices dropped dramatically.

We will never see the Vince Camuto shoe prices that we ended up seeing at the end of the seaon on HSN.  $20 off is the best we'll get here.  

QVC has an entirely different business model.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"