Honored Contributor

Re: TORY SPELLING AND JENNIE GARTH FASHION

@GloriBee wrote:

@Patz822 wrote:

There's to many established home decor lines at QVC.  Unless this is

unbelievable & priced well it won't last. Regardless of the connection to

Hollywood which no one is impressed by. It'll be interesting.

@Patz822 , I agree!  Not unbelievable or, in my opinion, priced well (well, maybe for Beverly Hills).

This pillow for $48, plus S&H and tax.  Granted, it is a big size and it does say linen in the fabric content.  A few dollars of fabric and some fiberfill.

product thumbnail 5

have you priced pillows lately from a furniture store @GloriBee ?

they are way more than $48. 

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes wrote:

A foldable acrylic bar cart $271, 3 glass apothecaries $129, velvet storage ottomans $149.

Very Beverly Hills.

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes 

that bar cart, the marble bookends, and the ottomans are definitely my style. i am tempted to try at least one of them.

when my daughter moved into her first "real" apartment the first thing she purchased was a bar cart. LOL

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@MG Chris 

That checkerboard coat is listed as one of the Studio Park's collection. Why did you dash out the description I posted?? Rude and disrespectful.. Katrina is gone and her stuff is not listed any more on Qvc.

Katrina designed the coat for Studio Park before she left QVC. Shawn just put her name on it when she did her collection.

Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@GloriBee wrote:

@Patz822 wrote:

There's to many established home decor lines at QVC.  Unless this is

unbelievable & priced well it won't last. Regardless of the connection to

Hollywood which no one is impressed by. It'll be interesting.

@Patz822 , I agree!  Not unbelievable or, in my opinion, priced well (well, maybe for Beverly Hills).

This pillow for $48, plus S&H and tax.  Granted, it is a big size and it does say linen in the fabric content.  A few dollars of fabric and some fiberfill.

product thumbnail 5

have you priced pillows lately from a furniture store @GloriBee ?

they are way more than $48. 

@sunshine45, no, but Home Goods has beautiful pillows in every size and color imaginable.  Also, TJ Maxx, etc.  I have gotten nice ones at Macy's.  Furniture stores would charge top dollar, but there are countless places to purchase throw pillows.

I guess I am coming from the perspective of the cost to make one, since I sew and have made pillows.  Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes wrote:

A foldable acrylic bar cart $271, 3 glass apothecaries $129, velvet storage ottomans $149.

Very Beverly Hills.

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes 

that bar cart, the marble bookends, and the ottomans are definitely my style. i am tempted to try at least one of them.

when my daughter moved into her first "real" apartment the first thing she purchased was a bar cart. LOL

@sunshine45  those are the three items that I liked best, although their whole line is similar to my decor.  I just have similar items, already.  

I think I will definitely get the ottomans.  I have too many books...don't need bookends, as my books are just packed in from end to end.   Maybe I can donate some, and place some of those pretty bookends in there, somewhere!

The bar cart...don't need it inside...maybe for the summer months, outside?

Honored Contributor

As for the price of the pillows, about $50 apiece seems like a good price to me.  I sewed in the past, and even 15+ years ago, the price of nice designer fabrics was running about $19.99/yard.  I'm sure it's much higher now.  I'd buy these pillows if I was in the market for those items. 

Valued Contributor

@september If your books are in good condition and popular, donate them to your local library. I did that once years ago. I told the librarian I wanted to donate some hardcover books and she gave me a funny look. Then she saw the titles and condition and grabbed them from me, lol. She kept thanking me profusely. Just a suggestion.
Super Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Not sure about another celebrity line...Candace Bure, Idena Menzel, etc. How do you feel?

I'll stick with the always lovely,Valerie Parr Hill. Her beautiful collections are unique and always garner compliments in my home. No drama, just beautiful ways to add warmth and interest to your environment.

Honored Contributor

@sugar plum wrote:
@septemberIf your books are in good condition and popular, donate them to your local library. I did that once years ago. I told the librarian I wanted to donate some hardcover books and she gave me a funny look. Then she saw the titles and condition and grabbed them from me, lol. She kept thanking me profusely. Just a suggestion.

Thanks, @sugar plum    I do have in mind different donation locations.  I just like to hang on to my books!

Honored Contributor

I 'caught' the very last ten minutes.......from what I viewed, great, nice show with host Alberti.

I'll check out Items Recently Aired.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).