Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, JANUARY 30th)

Good Afternoon!  Hope everyone is having a nice Monday.  Our weather is pretty nice so far, but rain is predicted for later today or tomorrow, and high temperatures in the low 50's tomorrow rather than the 60's we have been having.  We do need rain, but I sure prefer sunshine and warmer temperatures.

DH's friend called yesterday evening and we talked for more than an hour.  One of his friends  has had some serious health issues plus some memory problems, and DH's friend wanted to tell me about his feelings/concerns.  Then he told me that he has had some health issues himself, including AFIB, plus back pain, etc.  He told me that he feels that he can talk to me about these sorts of things, but this is not easy with others.  I am glad he feels this way, but I am concerned about him.

Very interesting OLLI class today about Iran.  Then had a longish conversation with DD.  Seems like things are progressing with second DGS' house purchase, but he doesn't have the final details.  Meanwhile, DGD has had trouble getting a Rx since the pharmacy (Walgreen's) has been closed for several days because the pharmacist has the flu.  I am surprised they only have one pharmacist, but.... And, they will not transfer the Rx to another pharmacy.  That certainly sounds dangerous for some patients.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, JANUARY 30th)

Hi Linda @LindaLatte   I caught some local news and I think a couple of minutes of Good Morning America (it all runs together until I get my first cup of coffee down).  Walmart, CVS and I don't know who else will be changing their hours of operation and start closing at 7 pm versus 9 pm.  I wasn't aware that there is a pharmacist shortage.  Apparently enrollment for degrees in pharmacy has been on the decline for the past decade.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

We've had little spurts of snow here and there over the past couple of days.  I shoveled yesterday and today because I didn't want even a trace of snow to thaw and freeze over.  I do not need to see the ice capades playing out on my front sidewalk Woman Very Happy  Other than that, I went through all of my gift boxes, bags, wrapping paper and bows.  Wow, I unearthed a bag of 60 bows that I didn't know I had.  It's all organized now and I feel better.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama--It's a good feeling when you get something organized especially those drawers or under the bed storae bags that no one sees. One section at a time is my pace and motto. I keep telling myself that eventually it will all get in shape. I just wish it was sooner than later.

Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte-- It's good your DH's friend feels at ease to talk to you. I think it's good if everyone has a person that they can talk to about "stuff". I admit that there are times when I didn't get too many details but .....

I had not read anything about the shortage of pharmacists. I have encountered the hours and number of pharmacists on duty to be limited from where it was in our city. (even at the vet's office) It's similar to more PA's than doctors now avilable in a practice. I find it a bit unnerving but it does get you thinking. None of these situations give me a good feeling. I'll keep my fingers crossed for all of us.

Our weather is similar to everyone else. It's cool to cold, rainy and some tiny snow flurries. Just enough to keep you worrying about freeze over or more mud. UGH!!! 

Thanks for starting us today.  

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, after having no sunshine for two weeks  I am happy it's going to be  sunny and cold for a few days.  We needed the snow for the crops, skier's & snowmobiles.  I heard that several different pharmacies were going to shorten their hours.   It will be nice when your dgs has the house papers taken care of.  Nice of your dh's friend to have confidence in telling you things he wants to say.

I made a batch of chili this morning so I can put it in the crock tomorrow.  Chicken and mashed potatoes were on the dinner table tonight.

My right leg is a bit better.   I plan to go to the gym tomorrow as I didn't do anything different than what I have been doing for quite a while.

I have been fortunate to have a best friend whom I could anything to.  3 different ones in 50+ years.  After 25 years, the first one moved away, the next one died 8 years ago,  now it's my best friend since HS.  

Our dgs #2 said that his gf told him that she doesn't want to move far away when she graduates from The School of Pharmacy.  They have been dating for 4 1/2 years. That was my good news on Saturday.  

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda