Valued Contributor

Just wondering to myself if actual clothes designers on the Q, have any type of feelings about show hosts "designing" or whatever their own line.  Clue in Issac rolling his eyes. I mean actual clothes designers this is their bread and butter, their passion, their vision.  They work hard hours and it's super competitive - Project Runway like.  Not just some side project while they hawk products full time.

I don't know, it just makes it seem like any old body can design clothes.  Then again it's not like any of the hosts put out anything new or innovative. 

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.

-Rumi
Honored Contributor

Re: Studio Park, I wonder.....

I see the "designing" done by hosts more as picking out elements in an "A, B, C" fashion.  Knowing everything to bring together a wearable garment takes instruction and practical application.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just see this "Studio Park" business as a desperate effort to increase sales.  I'm assuming that QVC thinks that if the viewer likes the host, the viewer will like whatever that host has "designed."  QVC has only a couple of true designers, i.e, IM and DB.

Honored Contributor

I think the hosts don't make any pretense of actually designing anything.  From what I've heard them say, they pick favorites from their closets and QVC designers copy them making minor modifications.

Isaac, your status as a premier designer is safe, as though you actually "design" those tee shirts.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

When I was younger, I designed and made all my clothes.

Find a pattern that fits great and change the neckline, sleeves, pockets...

Never thought of myself as a "designer" just made my clothes to suit me!  

I believe the Hosts had a choice of this fabric, this top, these pockets and somebody put it together for them!  

I think anyone could do the same thing!

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I think the hosts don't make any pretense of actually designing anything.  From what I've heard them say, they pick favorites from their closets and QVC designers copy them making minor modifications.

Isaac, your status as a premier designer is safe, as though you actually "design" those tee shirts.

I agree about the tee shirts...but Isaac is a true designer and his clothes are seen on stage and on celebrities world wide!  Very talented man!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Zhills wrote:

When I was younger, I designed and made all my clothes.

Find a pattern that fits great and change the neckline, sleeves, pockets...

Never thought of myself as a "designer" just made my clothes to suit me!  

I believe the Hosts had a choice of this fabric, this top, these pockets and somebody put it together for them!  

I think anyone could do the same thing!

@Zhills 

I always wished I had spent time learning to do what you did. For example, there is a cut of pants I really like and would have loved to have been able to make them in different fabrics/colors.

I kind of looked into pursuing, but I could not find quality fabric for clothing and I did not have the knowledge to even know how to do mail order. And then...then I started having babies and the whole idea when by by.  

ITA  re Studio Park, the hosts communicate ideas and others implement a design. It would be fun to do...but I think my fashion tastes are fairly mundane and not particularly new...so my sales would not be great. Lol.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Esteemed Contributor

Not sure that the q has any actual "designers" at all.  IM and Logo sold out and SG is bought and paid for.  There are some celebrity vendors, but someone else designs for them.

So a host purportedly designing is a myth.

There should be a better word for the teams that advise manufacturers.

Honored Contributor

The hosts WORK WITH PROFESSIONAL DESIGNERS on their Studio Park designs.  Every single host has said that, not a single host has pretended that they alone designed their lines.  The hosts have input in terms of vision, styles, colors but the technical part is done by the design team.  The clothing clothing designers/vendors don't care.  They are busy working on their own lines.

Honored Contributor

@Zhills wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I agree about the tee shirts...but Isaac is a true designer and his clothes are seen on stage and on celebrities world wide!  Very talented man!

@Zhills    But not on QVC .

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment