Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Weds., April 17th)

Hello all, I'm fighting a stye in my right eye so I'm going to make this quick, lol.

Still not feeling the urge to do any shopping.  Today is my sister's birthday.  

I hope you are having a good day - back to the warm compresses.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Weds., April 17th)

Bird Mama, sorry that you have a stye in your eye.  It's been a few years since I have had one.  No urge to shop here either.  We did minimal damage at Kohl's on Monday.

Its another mild day & we are expecting thunderstorms later this afternoon & evening.  We cleaned in the basement this a.m. & I will do the main floor a bit at a time.  The two of us don't make a big mess except  in the kitchen.  I will  be steam mopping the floors on Saturday.  

This morning I got the eggs ready for the Easter egg hunt after lunch on Sunday & the Easter baskets ready for my DH to hide in the house.

I got my gn's prom picture from Walgreen's this morning.  It's a beautiful pic of her & her date.  She has a fancy royal blue halter style gown & he has on a black tux with matching royal blue accessories.  Our dgs looks so handsome in his grey suit and it complements his gf's lovely light blue long gown.

We are going to have a nice late breakfast out tomorrow because my DH is going to have his stress test and can't eat anything after 11:00.

On Friday morning we are going to a bake sale at our  bank.  I am hoping to be able to get an Easter 🐇🐇🐇 cake for lunch on Sunday.  I have gotten them the past two years and they make a beautiful centerpiece & taste good.  Then I am going to have lunch out with a few friends.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread bu so sorry about the stye.  I do hope you get rid of it soon. Happy Birthday to your sister and good job on curtailing the shopping.

Twinny--I do hope DH's stress test goes well. Doing without caffeine for 24 hours has been a challenge for me when taking one. Enjoy your Easter activities.

I worked today but won't the rest of the week or Monday as it is Easter break. Thanks to no snow of any significant amount, we did not have to use the days to make up lost instructional days because of snow day cancellations. On Monday, I have an appointment with the urologist in the morning and the cardiologist in the afternoon. 

On the shopping front, I am still not tempted but Macy's is closing in our largest city's mall. It has been years since I have been in that mall as I no longer have much reason to go there.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Jean, they didn't mention not drinking a cup of coffee.  They just said no food and drink after 11:00 a.m  except for water.  Good luck with your urology appointment on Monday.  Enjoy your Easter break.  We are supposed to be in the 70's on Sunday and a chance of rain later in the afternoon.  Sounds good to me.

Honored Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Very sorry to hear about your stye.  For some reason a lot of my friends are getting them these days.  One ended up going to the eye doctor after it didn't go away for quite a while.  The antibiotics really helped her.  Happy Birthday to your sister.

Glad you got such nice pictures of the prom, twinny.  Good luck to your DH.  Hope his stress test goes okay tomorrow.  I have a lot of trouble fasting before getting medical tests, so I'm glad I don't need them often.  Hope you are able to get a nice Easter cake again this year.

Hi Jean.  Glad you were able to work today and can have your appointments on a non-school day. Guess you won't miss that Macy's.

Cute graphic, meallen.

I made "hot cross buns" yesterday evening -- fortunately I did a better job on the crosses this time.  I couldn't wait to try them, so I had one before I went on my walk this morning.  Since they tasted okay, I took some to my exercise buddy today.  She had invited me to see their new apartment (she and her "boyfriend" used to live in the neighborhood but moved to a senior apartment area).  The apartment was nice, if cluttered, and the lunch was very good.  More like dinner than lunch, and a big dinner at that.  So, I'll just have a sandwich or something for dinner today.

This was my second friend I have visited at these apartments, and I have to say they are really nice.  I am sort of considering moving there someday if keeping up the house becomes a burden for me, or I just want some company.  According to my reckoning, it would cost me about three times as much to live there than here, so I'm not in a rush to move.  They have a free breakfast, small pool and gym, small movie theater, lectures, card games, etc.  And, I know at least four people who live there.  The lunch/dinner is not expensive, and you water and trash are covered.  Very nice indeed.

My SIL sent a very encouraging e-mail this morning.  She had a lead on a furnished apartment in a house not far from the house where she lived before.  The price is higher, but utilities are included.  She thinks if she gets her old job back at the same salary, she will be able to make it there.  Of course, there are a lot of "ifs", but I am feeling much more hopeful.  Her "boyfriend" has agreed to pay the security deposit and first month's rent.

Not sure if I mentioned it, but the senior lunch program yesterday turned out to be plenty of work and pretty chaotic.  But, the hot dogs were excellent.

Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda