Esteemed Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Wednesday, January 16th)

Good Morning, Ladies.  It is sunny but cool here so far, but it should make it up to the 60's later.  Not bad for January, in my opinion.  

I'm looking forward to my first hospice volunteer visit today, but I'm also a bit nervous.  Hopefully, the visit will go well. 

I knew that there were monthly informational packets and quizzes for hospice volunteers, and I received my first one yesterday.  There was a large amount of information (over 70 pages), and then a quiz on the material.  Wow!  This is a lot of work.  They provide the answer key for the quiz, but reading all that material takes time, and this month's packet had to do with some pretty deep issues like infection control, TB, and pathogens.  I knew some of the information due to my previous work with FDA and also through experiences with my Mom.  But, it was pretty heavy stuff for me.

In addition, I need to write a short autobiography, which required thought.  I guess it is good for my brain, but I just didn't have time to work on my Italian lessons as well.  Not that I manage to do that every day, but......

I'm not interested in the TSV or other linens, etc., so I think I'm pretty safe for today unless they come up with an exciting prime time special or something.  Really trying to stop buying things I don't need just because they are nice, different, a great bargain, etc.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Wednesday, January 16th)

It takes a very special kind of person to do such work. 

As long as you go with an open heart you will be great.

How remarkable you must be. Bless you.

Honored Contributor

Hello all, I finally took down the Christmas tree and all of the decorations inside the house.  All that's left is the lights that I have strung up on the front porch.  Maybe I'll do that tomorrow.  I'm feeling a little pooped after 'bagging' the Christmas tree (assembled and upright) and getting it downstairs to the basement.  I laughed as much taking it downstairs as I did when I brought it up.

My mammogram results  posted on the portal this afternoon - disclaimers about dense tissue aside, the radiologist saw nothing suspicious.  I don't know why I always get choked up every time I get the all clear.  It's probably the sense of relief.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for your kind words, iMW.  After so much anticipation, my first visit didn't work out.  When I went to the patient's room, she said she was about to take a nap, and maybe I could come another day.  Hope to do so on Friday if it is okay with hospice.

Very happy to hear of your mammogram results, Bernie.  Sounds like you need a little rest before tackling those lights.  Good that you got the tree down.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. Like you, I have no interest in the TSV but who knows what is lurking to tempt me? I'm sorry that you wouldn't meet with your first hospice client but it will come together and you certainly will be able to handle all that challenging material.

iMW--I certainly agree with your assessment of Linda. She is a very special person whose skills and experience will be of great benefit.

Bernie--Good job on getting the Christmas tree down. It all takes time. I personally think it is understandable that you would be on edge until hearing the results. As someone who hopefully is recovering from cancer, waiting for the outcome of tests is something not to be taken for granted. 

I worked today, and couldn't get Marie Kondo's words of "love" out of my mind. I wore a Denim & Company chenille long topper today, and I often would find myself stroking it and thinking how much I loved it. Dumb but I really love that item. It fits me great and wears well.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.