Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Thurs., November 11-16

Hello all,

I managed to get a few minutes to check the forums (lunch).  On the shopping front, so far I received the 3 piece outfit I ordered for my great niece.  It's been a long time since I shopped for kids - it's like dressing a doll, lol.

I think the rest of the items are arriving today.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Thurs., November 11-16

[ Edited ]

Good Morning/Afternoon, and thanks for getting us started,Bernie.  Glad you are having fun buying clothes for your great niece.

I have been for my walk and to the gym, and I'm headed to my caregivers meeting soon.  DH's DD should arrive at DH's facility around the same time that I do this afternoon.

On the shopping front, I had ordered a Bob Mackie top (A298684) on waitlist, and it came yesterday.  Very pretty top, and I am happy with it.  And, my DGD loved the TSV leggings that I ordered for her and even wore them last night.  Two for two.

Waves to all of our posters and readers, and have a good day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, enjoy your lunch hour.  I am glad that your niece's clothing arrived in a timely manner.  Little girls are fun to shop for.

Linda L, I hope that your DH's DD has a nice visit.  Enjoy your new top.

I had a nice lunch yesterday with my 2nd cousin's.  Always a fun bunch.  Then a friend popped in & we had 3 hours of stories & laughter.  

It is cloudy but mild.  We watched an area football team on TV this morning playing for the gold trophy, but they got beat badly.

Our DD's town goes for the gold trophy tomorrow and the weather sounds awful.  Our dd is still struggling with hip pain & is careful how she moves.  Thank goodness her DH gets back home later tonight from his business trip to Boston.

My niece's dd is at a children's hospital 2 hour's away.  She is 16 & has had a pacemaker since she was 9 year's old.  They check it every 3 months & the results go to her cardiologist.  Apparently something showed up wrong & she was taken out of school yesterday.  Scary for them & us.

I am having a lazy day.  Supper is leftover stew in the crock pot.

I did declutter my closet this week & exchanged it with my winter clothing.  My new sweater is pretty & I will enjoy wearing it. Now I am ready for snow.

Hugs to all of you.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

HEllo Ladies. I hope everything works out ok for your niece TWinny that sure is a scary situation for all involved......I will keep all her family in my prayers.   SOunds like you had a great time shopping BErnie....I used to love shopping for kids clothes especially for my daughter....of course today she is very picky and I don't get her anything unless she gives me all the exact info on what she would like.

Not much going on here...I have been cleaning out  closets in the guest bedroom...there are 2 big ones ,one a regular closet the other has 5 shelves going across the length that I put my sweaters on....I had so many of them and never wore so off they went to get donated.  IT was funny when we first moved here that closet was empty for years and little by little got filled up from my stuff...I have to get to the other closet now.  I am also thinking of Thanksgiving and who is coming.....and what we are going to eat etc.....can't believe the holidays are upon us again. TIme is flying.

That's about it from here.....have a nice day everyone.....Marijane

SUsan I had to laugh the other day when you said you had your fireplace converted to gas because you hated stacking the wood etc...ours is still in the driveway,unstacked, and the kids will have a good time when they  up next week stacking wood....they want to eat??? They can stack wood !!!   Fair exchange I'd say.

Honored Contributor

Image result for national fast food day imagesImage result for have a nice night images

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread. I do hope your niece's outfit works out well for  her.

Linda--You are having great luck with your recent shopping. I like Bob Mackie also. I do hope DH's DD and you have a great visit together with him  and the caregiver.

Twinny--That really sounds frightening about about niece's DD. I do hope that it ends up being an issue that is easily resolved. You are ready for snow; I am not but that is just a personal reaction. I know others enjoy it.

Marijane--It sounds as if you are a woman on a mission when it comes to cleaning out those closets.  I can remember having just enough clothing, but then they started multiplying like rabbits.

meallen--Thank yoiu for the great graphc. I wasn't aware it was Fast Food Day but I did stop and grabbed a personal pizza on the way home from work.

I'm passing on the TSV as I have too many shoes to go with the too many handbags and the too many clothes.

I work tomorrow and then will be off a week for Thanksgiving break. I hope to be motivated enough to do some things around the house.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Marijane, good job at decluttering your closet's.  Our guest bedroom has a large closet, but we share it.  We also share 60/40 on our spare bedroom closet.  Guess who has 60%?  Our master bedroom is 50/50.  Enjoy Thanksgiving.  Yes, it is coming fast.  We are doing our Church potluck on Sunday & dining out on T. Day.  It's too much trouble fixing for two of us.

Jean, enjoy your time off next week.  I hope that your weather is nice & that you can get a few things done.  Enjoy your vacation jewelry purchase.

My gn is having heart surgery tomorrow afternoon.  Thanks for your kind words.  I am thankful for prayers.  

I am  still trying to get used to it being dark at 4:30.  Sunny day's aren't quite so bad.

Trusted Contributor

Jean love how your clothes multiply like bunnies.....I have the same type of bunnies here!  T.winny..my DH has an"tiny" space in our Walk in closet in MBR and that's it. HE says you Only have two arms,legs,2  feet,one body so,why do you need all those clothes?...I have been know to have "stuff" in my kid's closets too! Let us know how your nieces  DD does.

Honored Contributor

@twinny70  Oh Twinny your great niece has had a pacemaker since she's 9?  I'm so sorry to read that. When you hear an update, can you share how she's doing?

Honored Contributor

@twinny70  that'll teach me to respond before reading the entire thread.   I will be praying fervently for her and your family that there is a successul outcome.