Esteemed Contributor

Do you wear it?  Have you found a brand that doesn't roll?  I've bought a few brands and they have rolled.  One was years ago from Lisa Robertson, don't remember the brand.

I don't wear it but would like a sleeker look in a certain sweater I have. Thinking of trying shape wear again.

I think the high waisted type would work best. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

Sorry, Luv;  Not shape wear but help from the "other side".

If you have issues, you will find dark colors don't highlight in light as light colors do.

Also, tops with patterns don't highlight middle issues like solid do because they break up light.

Honored Contributor
Two brands I wear are Ambrielle and Flexees. Both long line and briefs. I’ve worn both brands for years.

They last for years.
Trusted Contributor

I prefer Spanx and/or the companies Spanx Red  Hot Assets line.

Respected Contributor

@MoJoV  Try the high waisted kind,  I have one that is high waited and mid thigh length and have good luck and no rolling.  Just wear with my maxi dresses to keep everything a little tighter.  

I got mine at Lane Bryant many years ago, and it's considered more of a "high waist thigh shaper", so depending on the size you need, that may be a good one to try.  Not super constricting either, comfortable and does what I need it to do. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

@MoJoV  - I don't wear it everyday for around the house, but when I need to dress up a little (work, etc), I wear a shapewear cami.

Two brands that I own are Spanx and Maidenform.  Both brands fit me well and don't roll. They are also comfortable.   Hope you find something you like.

Honored Contributor

Do you mean girdles?

And there was no one left to speak out for me....
Honored Contributor

@MoJoV I also like Spanx but for me I don't care for the highwaisted styles.  I wear a Spanx cami with a pair of their control panties.  These never ride up or roll on me where the highwaisted type does.  Maybe it's just my body type.  My Spanx works great for the look I need. and I find them comfortable.  I live in their Socialite Camis', HTH.

Honored Contributor

Nope.  I gave shareware up a few years ago and I will never go back to it.  

Honored Contributor

I haven't worn shapewear in a long time. I used to wear Spanx with slim skirts and dresses. I wore the one that smoothed out the thigh area. It came up over my waist and midsection so it smoothed that a bit too. It did the job and wasn't uncomfortable, but I haven't worn it in ages. Think it's still in my lingerie drawer somewhere.