Respected Contributor

Hi girls - It's almost 4 p.m. and I can't believe no one has started the thread yet! {#emotions_dlg.scared}

I crashed big-time between my all-nighter and my usual fall changing-to-cold weather crud; I went to lie down for a nap Sunday before I got started on my final paper, and slept until yesterday! Fortunately when I checked my school e-mail account I saw a note from the prof giving me until Friday to submit it. I'm still not 100%, but will do the two exams today, as they're easy, and I'll get the paper done tomorrow. I was hoping to have my school work over with by now and get started on my clothes swap, but oddly enough, it's gotten pretty warm again - back into the 70s.

I did get registered for classes for the Spring semester last night, as there was a special promotion for early registration. They may call it "spring," but classes start January 12 which means I'll be through by mid-March.

Nothing else going on; we've had thunderstorms for the last few days but it's clear at the moment - I have to run out and pay some utility bills, check my mail, and pick up a few things at Aldi. The dogs haven't had an outing in a few days, so I'll at least take them for Frosties and a drive - I don't have the energy for a long walk.

Have a blessed day, everyone!

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening! Thanks for getting us started Arlene. I ran out of time this morning, but I am surprised no one else started our thread. Sorry you were not feeling well. It is funny when they call January "spring", but I guess it is not fall, so..... I know my spring "classes" start in February. Hope you got everything done that you needed to do.

My volunteer job went fine this morning, and DH and I will be going to the gym soon.

DD needs to have some sort of special test done this Thursday morning, and she will find out what is happening. She had an "abnormal" Pap smear last week. Hope that that fixing the problem isn't too difficult.

My "boss" at the senior lunch program had a hysterectomy six weeks ago, and it has taken her all this time to feel mostly okay.

Hope everyone had a good day and will have a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Arlene--Thank you for starting the thread. Like you, I was surprised to see that the thread was not started. Your semesters certainly are short; I'm used to the ones that begin in January and end in May for the second semester. It is good that you have more flexibility in getting your college work done.

Linda--I am glad that you were able to go to the gym as well as doing your volunteer work. It is these type of activities that keep you young and fit. I do hope DD's test goes well; I know that you are concerned and it is difficult being so far away from here.

I substituted at an elementary school today. The day went well but I came home to a tornado warning for our county. We rarely have those. I'm watching the news now and see that there has been some significant damage in areas west of us.

I see my Amazon order is in Hagerstown, MD on its way to me for delivery tomorrow. Since I did invest some money into this purchase, I will be watching what I spend elsewhere. I have plenty of clothes right now so those are not a priority right now.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

FHG, For the last 12 days or so I have a hard time checking in to these forums. I keep having to put in my gmail address, password & the middle name of my oldest child. I hope that you are feeling better soon. It s nice of your prof to give you a few extra days to get your work done. I am sur the dogs will like their frosties too.

LL, I wish your DD the best of luck with her special tests. You are so faithful with your gym workout & walking with your DH. My DH did get to do his walking today & yesterday but he didn't have time for several days before that. He does enjoy getting out each day as our weather has cooled off nicely for walking.

I had to start the eye drop procedure this morning as my DH is not a day person. It is a good thing he can do night patrol for me as I can't stay until 11:00 p.m. I used to be the night owl, but lately I am extra tired. We took my mom to her eye appt. this morning & were gone for 5 hours. I was hoping for a better eye drop schedule as the every two hour thing is getting very tiresome for all of us. The Dr. did say stay on the same schedule & go back to see him in two weeks.

Mom was supposed to start getting her "meals on wheels" yesterday, but they didn't have her down. They had her down for today & we would be gone all day. Hopefully they will start tomorrow. They only cost $4.00 a meal, so that will help me out a lot. I have been waiting since last Friday for a call from social services to see if she can get some help with the eye drops & a few other things of concern to us. If they don't call by late this afternoon, I will have to call them tomorrow. She can afford the extra care & right now we would like to keep her in her own home. DH & I are thinking that since she is still on the two hour schedule for at least one eye drop, we will bring her over to our home after she eats lunch & take her back home after dinner. She does have a neighbor come once a day now & another one willing to help soon. If we could just get a 4 hour span with not having to put drops in her eyes, that would be so wonderful. Today when the Dr. did the eye exam, she still cannot see anything out of her left eye & very little out of the right eye. It is getting very frustrating to all of as we are doing the best we can.

I need to take care of myself, but it is very hard in a situation like this. My morning shower & the hot tub are my favorite things right now. I haven't had much Q time & today early I saw that is is mostly holiday things again.

Gayle, I still keep thinking about your problems with you mom a while back. Mine is very stubborn too & keeps telling me that I am putting the eye drops in her right eye wrong. We only started doing her right eye last Friday, she is getting that mixed up with her left eye drops. She is fine when my DH goes over & does his "duty", but World War 111 breaks every night when I go over there. I am doing the best that I can without any help. Prayers for me in this situation.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, I am glad that your day went well at school. I hope you stay safe from any tornado damage. Our temps are in the upper 50's today & will be that way all week with lows in the 40's. I am so glad that the hot weather is over. I hope you enjoy your package from Amazon. Right now I don't have time to turn around, so there will be no shopping or TV purchasing. That is a good thing as I just paid for my 2nd to last infusion today.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--You are in a very difficult situation. It would be great if the social services would deliver their programs as expected. You do need help. Until someone is a caregiver, they have no idea how demanding it is physically and emotionally. I went through it and survived but at that time I didn't have complicating illnesses as you do. Continue to give yourself small treats, such as you have been doing or a special meal out.

I was just called to go back to the same school tomorrow to sub for the same teacher. Apparently, this is not an illness she is getting over quickly. I don't do elementary that often so it is a nice contrast to middle school and high school. Many subs won't sub for Middle School, so I get called there often. Middle School students are in the process of changing and testing boundaries, and sometimes they can be a challenge.

I just haven't had the time necessary to start a thread or even add much to one once I get home. I just like to relax. Tonight is "The Voice" so I'm looking forward to it providing we aren't stormed out.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Twinny: Do take good care of yourself. I know it is difficult to care for a loved one with illness. You need to be sure to take time to rest and eat and do things for yourself.

LindaL: Prayers for your daughter. I understand her concern.

Jean: I know you are happy to be subbing. A cousin of mine has started subbing in her town. I know how valuable the subs are.