Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WED., NOV 4)

Greetings, shopping friends. It is a beautiful sunny day with warming on the way! Great news!!

i know that we are only on the 4th day of the month, but I have yet to order anything regardless of special deals or how much the item appeals to me. I do have the Fitbit in my Amazon cart waiting to see if any deals emerge on it and also until after the trunk lid repair next week. I have no desire to remove the back seat to get into the trunk so that is a priority.

I will be going to the city shortly. I have a big box filled with shoes and some clothes ready to go also. Every little effort helps someone else and helps me get rid of things I kept "just in case." I have decided if it can be purchased again if really needed, the item is going if not use in a  year.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WED., NOV 4)

Hi Everyone!

Well....we are now having a warming trend. I plan on getting those outdoor covers on everything before there's another weather "surprise". I should be thinking aout the outdoor Christmas items and get those staked in the yard before the ground freezes. I'm running behind a bit. It just hit me when I read KomKat's posting about the light problem.

KomKat--Is it the power line that is the problem? I have no power on either side of the house so I run a couple of those Snow/Sun Joe outdoor extenstion cords to connect to where I need the outlet. They have two types: one has outlets along the cord and the other is a simple long extension cord. They are heavy duty and longer than the usual cord. They usually come with a plug adapter that I find useful. My other thought was BL battery lights Outdoor version. I use those in the front lamp post and porch. Good Luck!

Today is my miscellaneous day. I have some paperwork to handle. I want to make a list of the model numbers for the range and vent. I was hoping to purchase it today but will wait for a day when I have a bit more sleep and less of a migraine. These weather snaps really aggravate my head. 

Believe it or not....I received the TSV mini lanterns that I ordered last week. I plan to give those as gifts for the delivery people and post man, etc. The L&L TSV sure looks temptting as it does every year. I have plenty of L&L  and I don't want to have a large supply in the "gift" closet. I really haven't thought about the actual gift list......just the first stage panic about delivery for on line ordering. It was good to see Mary and MaryBeth on the air this am. I enjoy both of them and the way they present items. 

Have a good afternoon/evening. 

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Glad your weather is improving, ours will be going in the opposite direction soon.  Today, they are predicting a high of 89 degrees, and even warmer tomorrow.  But, the Saturday high is predicted to be in the 70's and even cooler on Sunday and Monday.  I'm glad I had the plumber re-wrap the outdoor pipes since they are susceptible to the cold.  Hope your trip to the city goes well.  

I cannot join you in saying that I have not ordered anything this month, but the item I ordered was a throw for my SIL.  It was a "Black Friday" special here, and I thought she might get a little comfort from the cardinal wreath version after the death of her son.  She repeated in her call yesterday that he loved Christmas very much, so it combined two elements.

Hope your trip to the donation center goes well.  Our local thrift donation centers are being very selective in what they will accept these days, and I am waiting to have a more items that I think will make the cut.  Still have a bunch of books, but the library shop is also being selective (no non-fiction or hardbacks).  

Hi Fressa.  Sorry you have a migraine today.  After having migraines for many years, I have not had one for quite a while.  I believe mine were related to hormones rather than the weather, etc.  But, I know that stress and lack of sleep were part of my migraine problem.

I'm not my usual "perky" self this morning since I didn't sleep well despite using my melatonin and herb type sleep aid.  I may end up taking a nap this afternoon.

On my walk this morning, I saw one of my neighbors and inquired about a house for sale near us.  She said that the wife's daughter found them a house in TN, and they are moving.  Their house is already under contract -- only put on the market October 31st.  This couple has been here about the same amount of time as we/I have, and I know the wife has all sorts of illnesses. 

I have yoga class today, and hope to do some cooking and cleaning.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Evening! I am home after having a bone density test done. For some reason, I am very tired. I went to the mall while in the city to have my nails done. It is under new management after the owner sold the business. The cost of having them done jumped $5 with the change.

It was a beautiful warm sunny day so shoppers were out in force. I didn't buy anything.
**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.