Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY)

Good morning, shopping friends! Right now, I feel like vegetating today. I don't feel any better than when I went to bed. Time will tell, but right now I don't have any motivation to do anything.

"They are flying out the door!" I had the Morning Show on and now I'm watching Beauty Solutions. During that time, I often heard "flying out the door." Again, those are magic words to try to entice us to buy; after all, if the product is so great that it is "flying out the door," then surely we don't want to lose out? Ever hear of reverse psychology? Sometimes, a phrase like "flying out the door" is a turn off to me and I'm less likely to purchase. After all, do I want something nearly everyone in America has? Well, if it is a George Foreman, I won't disagree but for other items, I can be more choosy.

August is a good time to assess our goals and where we want to be by the end of the year. What better Christmas gift can we give ourselves than that of being in control of our shopping, our finances, or our weight, etc? This is accomplished one day at a time.

Have a great day! If you shop, shop wisely....one day at a time!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.