Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, DEC.29)

Thanks, Karen - I think the pilot light is just out.  The plumber is stopping by for cupcakes I made for his little boy in the morning, so he'll fix it then.  Meanwhile I'm getting by OK - heating water on the stove for washing up.

I have NO energy this week; I'm waiting for Victor to come by and pick up cupcakes, then I think I'll take a nap. 

The overpriced handyman just called again...he must be in need of business.  Well, if he wasn't so ridiculously expensive, he'd probably have a lot more!  Cat Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

Karen--After the horror stories I had heard about insurance and the costs involved personally with some procedures and hospital stays, I naturally wanted the procedure to take care of the bladder cancer but was afraid I would be paying for a long time. Then when I had the cardiac ablation and medicine change, the heart procedure was about four hours and I had a private room by their choice, not mine. I was treated so well it was like being on a vacation. I waited for the bills and couldn't believe it when all I had to pay was $100 for the entire hospital charges and surgeon for the cardiac ablation. I have to go back for anothr bladder scan in late January or February to see if the bladder cancer has returned since it is hard to get rid of it. This is why early detection on it is so important. I've been very fortunate with Humana.

Arlene--I do hope you get the water heater repaired soon. You really enjoy making the goodies. I'm sure people appreciate them and it does give you something rewarding to do. Midnight just had some MeowLuv. I need to check that out again on Amazon.

The weather is definitely getting cooler. Some rain is forecast for tomorrow when I go to the city for the appointment. Afterwards, I will be having a late lunch/early dinner with a friend. He will be having hip surgery on January 11, so this is possibly the last time we will be eating out until after he becomes sufficiently mobile again. I return to the city on Thursday for another appointment. They just couldn't be scheduled on the same day. Oh well, what is 6 hours total on the road for the two days? Good time for reflection!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Hi everyone, just a quick note today, had lunch today with my truck driver daughter, she'll be heading back any day now, her truck is being worked on now, so the company will want her back on the road ASAP, I would guess. So glad she was home during all the horrible weather this past week or so. The 'work' on the water drain lines, supposedly going to start by 9am this morning...started at 4pm, they had to stop before 5pm as it was too dark. SMH. They left their front end bucket/digger thing parked on top of one of my flower beds, guess I won't have those flowers in the spring. Ran errands this morning and dropped on a few bags for donation. Have a great evening everyone. Waves.....
"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  Thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Hope you have a nice lunch/dinner tomorrow with your friend.  Sorry you need to go into the city two days in a row.  

We are having cool weather today -- highs in the low 50's, and it was actually snowing a bit on my way into the senior lunch program today. No big deal, but exciting around here.  There weren't many people at lunch since many went on a restaurant trip, and I managed to get out early.  So, I went to the gym, and then came home and took DH to physical therapy.  Only two more sessions, which is plenty for me.  It hasn't been a waste, but there is only so much he can do.  And, now I know what machine he can do, etc.

I need to read that article since I have a problem with buying inexpensive clothing just because it is such a good deal.  I need to donate things rather than buy more.  I don't see many of those torn jeans around here, but I do see too tight clothing pretty regularly.  Not attractive in my eyes, but I guess the wearer thinks so.  

You did quite well with your insurance coverage.  We have done so as well -- DH goes to all sorts of doctors, etc., but we rarely need to pay anything.  And, his medication hasn't been too expensive.  My osteoporosis injections (twice a year) are very expensive ($2000 plus), but they are covered by insurance.

Glad the dinner last night went well Charlene, and it is great that you have a pastor ready to take over.  My church has had heavy turnover in the pastor department.  Happy your son helped you transfer the cassettes.

I'm guessing that was a drug bust you saw last night, Bernie.  Hope that you get some rest tonight and aren't dealing with flashing lights and excitement.

Good luck with your Christmas un-decorating, Susan.  I will probably wait until Friday to do that.  But, who knows?  I need to take a careful look at things before I put them away.  There are probably decorations that need to find new homes or be trashed.

Sorry you are dealing with the cold and ice Marijane, but I guess you can't expect the whole winter to be nice and warm.  Glad your Christmas tree is still holding up well.

Hope your hot water heater is back up and running soon, Arlene.  I don't think I have ever cut it that close at the grocery store, but I do remember when I would have them ring up the groceries before I finished putting them all on the belt.  Sometimes, I had to put things back -- those were the days when I didn't have much money and only used cash.  So, there was no choice in the matter.  I tried to avoid the embarrassment, but I didn't have a little calculator like I do now, so my rough estimates were not always that accurate.

So glad you had a fun birthday, Karen.  Good that you were able to get home a bit early today.  I remember that you are very busy at tax season.  

Waves to Kathleen, snicks, spix, twinny, Rosa, LindaR, Barbara, pinky ann, Gayle, and all of our posters and readers.

Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda