Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, APR 30)

Hi @Fressa One space at a time and one day at a time is the best way to go.  My sister made me a mask out of a bandana.  I'm gonna take a picture of it.  The way she folded it and then hand stitched it allows a coffee filter to go between the layers.  I have about 8 or 10 actual n95 masks and I swear those things need to come in sizes.  I wore one once and I thought I was gonna break my nose, lol and I wouldn't say a have a Jimmy Durante nose or anything.  I prefer the mask she made me.  I'll post a photo in a few minutes.   

This kind of style might work better for you. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..Bernie, right now at 1:00 in the afternoon, it is 103 in the Phoenix area. She i was here in September for a funeral, the temp was 114 when we landed.🥵🥵

Jean our cases are still,heading up, so I do not think heat is going to help.our stay at home order has been pushed forward, as Linda said.  Is someone going to be able to be with you for a while after your surgery???  I am not being an alarmist, but the few people I know who have had a rotator cuff repair, needed another pair of hands for a while.

Our internet is still out...I am getting very frustrated..our devices have 4 g capability so I can still do a few things.

Twinny,, my man kids have said the weather has been very nice. We should be back there in about 5 weeks.

Greetings to all of our posters..stay safe. 😍😍

Honored Contributor

I think my sister took a bandana, folded it over and cut it in half to make two masks.  The dimensions are 8 3/4 inches by 9 3/4 inches.  I suppose I could have altered the mask however she made it by hand and I think it's precious.

IMG_3061 (400x300).jpg

I like the shoe strings.  The thought of some kind of elastic on my ears in addition to eyeglass frames would send me up the wall, lol.

IMG_3062 (400x300).jpg

I slip a coffee filter in between the layers

IMG_3063 (350x263).jpg

Yea, I cut my bangs again Woman Frustrated Woman Very Happy

This mask gives me coverage and then some and it's washable.

Honored Contributor

I haven't been to Arizona in a very long time (2004) Barbara @sydsgma1   I went for my FIL funeral and I remember my husband saying that AZ heat is dry and doesn't feel so hot.  That was not my experience Woman Very Happy  it was flippen hot out there.  I did love the nights and the big sky in the less populated areas.

Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama:  Thanks for posting those pictures of your mask. How clever to use shoe strings as well. I think that would work better for my breathing. I'm going to have to check my drawers and see if I have material to make a few. 

I don't have any sisters so it makes me smile when you share your posts. Thank you.