Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, SEPT. 25)

Dear friends, how I have missed reading and chatting with everyone. My work schedule went from several shifts to mostly noon - 9ish. I haven't adjusted so well.  No time or energy to cook anymore and it has taken it's toll on me.  The actual job I have been enjoying, but have gotten quite some unpleasant very unhappy people on the phone.  I won't take this kind of job again - have never felt so helpless as I really do feel bad for them in about half of the cases where something went wrong with their delivery (or non delivery).

DH went to OK city a couple weeks ago for an interview.  Was not impressed with that position, but in the process asked his old boss (working at his old company, different location) and got a job offer.  So for 3 weeks my mind has been reeling as we prepare to move to Seattle area. I finally gave my 2 weeks notice and go to San Diego Thursday. 

Working, packing, shopping for a (bigger) truck and the right RV, trying to decide what to take, what to keep, what to store at Mom's and what to sell - amidst eye doctor, physical and dental appointments - has been exciting and anxiety inducing and a little bit emotional!  Will post on FB soon - haven't had a chance to tell many people at all yet.

I'm very tempted by the tsv - want to have one of those in our new (haven't purchased yet but have one that I like if it's still there when I go to buy) rv! Taking our DB throw too - both of them!  Hugs to all!

Esteemed Contributor

Kathleen--I wish you and DH the best in your future move and endeavors. You deserve something that will bring you peace of mind along with the security of the income.  This is quite a move, so please update us whenevr you can. You have been missed, but I also know how unsettling that type of schedule can be.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Wow -- so much happening with you Kathleen.  I'm sure you know we wish you well with all the changes ahead.  Sending you lots of hugs.

Linda

P.S. I hope you will like your new location -- quite a change from Texas.

Respected Contributor

Thank you both. I hope my Cowboy likes it. He has always been a sun worshipper. I'm happy for a new adventure.