Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, NOV. 1)

Greetings, shopping friends. As predicted, my internal alarm clock didn't know there was a time change, so it awakened me at 4am which it thought was 5am or my usual time to get up. All my gadgets changed time automatically, but I keep the car on Daylight Savings. When I am in the city and I see t he car's clock hit 3pm, I know it is time to head home so I get there before dark.

I didn't order any of the lounge wear yesterday despite how much I liked it. It is a want and not a need. I have a car repair coming up which will require money. I have a car trunk that is now refusing to open. I am not about to climb in and take out the back seat to access the trunk.

I am waiting to see if any jobs I want post for tomorrow. If not, I'll be heading to Columbus, Ohio.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, NOV. 1)

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Sorry your internal alarm clock prevented you from sleeping a bit later.  I find it easier to sleep a bit later these days since it is quite dark before 6:00 a.m. or so.  In the summer, sometimes it is light at 4:30 or so, and I have trouble sleeping in.

I didn't order any PJ's or lounge clothing yesterday either.  The more I thought about it, the more that I remembered that I would have never been so tempted if I hadn't seen them presented.  I need to stay away from watching or even doing product reviews for a while since sometimes things are difficult to resist when you start looking.  Like you, I have other expenses to consider.

Hope you have a good time tomorrow if you go on your trip or if you work.  Interestingly enough, I had problems with the trunk opening on my car at one time.  And, I don't think anyone ever figured out the exact reason.  The garage did solve the problem, thank goodness.  I don't remember the cost.  

It is cloudy here today, with a predicted high of 89 degrees. Looks like we will be having higher than normal temperatures all week, but it does cool down at night.  Very comfortable.

I am not moving quickly today, but I have taken my walk and watched "virtual" church, which was great.  I plan to do an exercise DVD before lunch.  There is plenty to do in terms of cleaning, and I have a little ironing to do as well. But, I'm not stressing about it.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice Sunday.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, its too bad about your internal alarm.  I woke up at 5:30, but went right back to sleep.    Have fun in the city, if you don't work tomorrow.  Hopefully the trunk isn't an expensive job.  

Linda L, I don't like it getting  dark before 5:00 p.m., But it's nice to see daylight by 7:00 a.m.  It's hard to imagine such warm weather this time of the year.  

I can't beIeve that it's Nov. already.  

My appt with my neurologist on Monday went well.  It  always makes me happy when I have reflexes.  I had to check in 30 minutes early & It went very nicely. They nabbed me when I got through the revolving doors for questions and answers.  Then they checked me in at a computer.   I was the only one in the waiting room.    He told me he wouldn't have believed a year ago that we would be going through this.  He said that we can go on road trips, but now it's too cold & the leaves are dropping very quickly.  We still have to be very careful about what we are doing, but we have been careful since March.  

My Dr. asked me if I had gotten a flu shot.  Yes I did.  Then he asked me if I had gotten a shingles vaccine.  No.  He said that I needed to get it.  I had been putting it off as my dh's were $175 each.  Much to my surprise when I went to Walgreen's with my RX card, they said it would be $43.40.  So I had my first shingles vaccine on Tuesday and the only side effect  a sore arm for 3 days.  Other than going to the gym, I didn't do much for 3 days.

I have spent the last couple of days making my DH a few face masks.  

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Glad you got the shingles shot, Glenda and it was neither painful or expensive.

I just wanted to let everyone know that my nephew, Steve, died today.  HIs lungs were destroyed by the chemo, and the doctors just could not help.  He was only 42 years old, and a really good guy.  Healthy, good marriage, etc.  Needless to say, the family is stunned.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, I am so sorry to hear that your nephew passed away.  Prayers are coming your way.  

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, Glenda.

Honored Contributor

Oh Linda @LindaLatte   I extend my heartfelt sympathy to you and your family in the loss of Steve.  Such a young man, gone too soon.  I will continue to pray for the family, especially his beloved wife.

Sympathy Flowers & Gifts | Sympathy Flower Delivery | 1800Flowers

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte---I'm so sorry for the loss of your nephew, Steve. I will keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers.