Esteemed Contributor

Returns- What does the Q do with them?

I am asking this because I haunt the AS IS listing. If I want something I wait and see if it shows up. I have one item I am waiting for... lots of so-so reviews with people saying IT IS GOING BACK. I am wondering what the Q does with returns of clothing. Do they get repackaged or put in the clearance section or go to AS IS. Of course there might be secondary buyers who buy them up. Or even QVC outlet stores which I have never seen. Does anyone know?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Returns- What does the Q do with them?

There are ""as is"" items that are returns.

Honored Contributor

They fill the wait list orders.

Honored Contributor

Just my thoughts - if it returned in pristine condition, they fill wait list. If you've washed it or used it (like jewelry) and it is not pristine - it goes into AS IS.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Super Contributor

As Is and Outlet Stores (samples and Demos end up at Outlets, also). I have never had a problem, but they honor the 30 day and extra long holiday returns on As Is and Outlet purchases, so there really is no risk.

Esteemed Contributor

My reason for asking. I am looking to buy something and the reviews were mixed. Rather than pay full price... mid 40's I am waiting to see if it gets into either clearance or AS IS. It was one of the Susan Graver tops that was a special value. Strange cut... just my kind of fashion.

Honored Contributor

I have received A LOT of returns, even one time as a pre-ordered bag before it was a TSV! It had a huge scratch on the front of it! I ordered it early because we would be away when it was going to be presented as a TSV. I couldn't believe they sent me one that someone else had ALREADY ordered and returned - and that it was damaged!

I think it depends on the person doing the quality control when an item is returned. As I've said, I've received many. I hope most of it is because it's the wrong size or color, and the receiver has carefully packaged it back up to send back to QVC. I always wash it before I even try it on, or in the case of non-clothing items, I carefully inspect it.

My experience has made me skeptical about ordering things that have already been presented on air, unless they weren't selling much at all. But as I said, sometimes I've received brand new items that someone else has already had before!

Some posters here are luckier and say they never receive returned items.

Respected Contributor

On 3/14/2015 beach-mom said:

I have received A LOT of returns, even one time as a pre-ordered bag before it was a TSV! It had a huge scratch on the front of it! I ordered it early because we would be away when it was going to be presented as a TSV. I couldn't believe they sent me one that someone else had ALREADY ordered and returned - and that it was damaged!

I think it depends on the person doing the quality control when an item is returned. As I've said, I've received many. I hope most of it is because it's the wrong size or color, and the receiver has carefully packaged it back up to send back to QVC. I always wash it before I even try it on, or in the case of non-clothing items, I carefully inspect it.

That part scares me. I would not like to receive an item that has already been washed and dried in another person's home. I launder my items very carefully and most of them don't ever make it into a hot dryer. When I receive something, it should be the way it was after being manufactured and not the way it looked after a recipient washed and dried on high heat. Can't you wash it AFTER you have decided to keep it?

Super Contributor

I received someone's return that smelled of flowery fabric softener! Why would QVC repackage an obviously washed item. And yes ... please don't wash a garment just to try it on!
Trusted Contributor

There are several companies on Ebay that sell a lot of QVC clothes. Chel's Closet and Phoenix Trading Company are a couple. It looks like they handle a lot of returns and overstocks - good prices too!