Frequent Contributor

Received cowl dress--love it

I ordered the dress before seeing the presentation. After watching, I was regretting purchasing it. I had expedited shipping. I expected to return it. I never planned to wear it without a jacket. I don't usually care for cowl necklines but this one is fabulous. There is a lot of drape and doesn't add excess bulk. It looks great with a short necklace but I probably would wear a long pearl necklace doubled. The bodice is shaped beautifully. I tried it on with a few different jackets. The best was a fitted jacket that stopped at the high hip area. I also think it would be great with a soft fabric jacket but not with a boxy jacket. When you have the jacket on the sweep is perfect, very flowy. Worn this way, no spanx needed. I think if they had styled the models differently, I never would have second guessed my decision.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Received cowl dress--love it

Enjoy your dress!!! I am a fan of this fabric and will soon be packing it into my suitcase for an extended trip to Europe.

Respected Contributor

Sounds beautiful, hope you enjoy wearing it. I love the style and fabric, and thought all along that worn in the proper size it would look great. Good to know it does!

Esteemed Contributor

interesting since Louis styles the models himself.
Frequent Contributor

I love the way Louis styles the models that is what has made buy many, many pieces. However, this time it didn't help me make my decision.

-

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the review, can't wait to get my grey dress, I am also a fan of this fabric.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

FYI, the jockey skimmies are on sale for about $12, I just got 3 more. These will smooth out your curves,lumps,bumps in a good way without a tight compression.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the encouraging review! I think getting it home and trying it on is the only way to go, if we're on the fence. The length looks mid-knee--can you say how tall you are and where it's hitting you length-wise?

Super Contributor

On 5/7/2014 Tylerpoo said:

Thanks for the review, can't wait to get my grey dress, I am also a fan of this fabric.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

FYI, the jockey skimmies are on sale for about $12, I just got 3 more. These will smooth out your curves,lumps,bumps in a good way without a tight compression.

Given the extra material in the skirt, I'm not sure the skimmies are necessary - and they certainly won't solve the back problem.

Frequent Contributor

I am 5 feet 3. It hits an inch or so below the knee. A little long for me but because of the fluidity of the fabric it is okay for me.

Respected Contributor

On 5/7/2014 ceicei50 said:

I am 5 feet 3. It hits an inch or so below the knee. A little long for me but because of the fluidity of the fabric it is okay for me.

Thank you! I may take a chance after reading your review on the fabric/fit.