Esteemed Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS, WEEK OF JULY 12

Good Morning!  It is warm and sunny here, but not too bad so far.  It was quiet on our walk this morning.

I had to do the grout work on my hands and knees, Barbara.  And, I did consider calling someone.  But, I really didn't like the guy who did the work the last time -- treated me like a silly child.  So, I decided to try it -- not too bad, and I just used some sort of generic stuff from Wal-Mart.  I do have a special grout brush that I use, and I do a small amount at a time, and wipe up the mess with paper towels as I go.  Probably wasteful for paper towels, but that is the way it goes.  I was surprised since DH said that it looked like hard work -- I hadn't said anything, and he so seldom says anything.  I guess the wheels are turning, but he just doesn't say much.  He stayed out of the bed yesterday, which was a relief.  The day before was just horrible with him sneaking in every time my back was turned.

DD got the check in the mail, and deposited it in the old bank.  She still doesn't have her ATM card from the new bank, and is very disappointed with them.

Nothing exciting planned here -- just church and the gym plus ironing, etc. 

Glad the door is in, despite all the issues, Claudia.  And, it is good that Adam got some attention from the VA and agreed to take the medicine.  Hope you got some rest last night and are feeling better today.

Is it less hot and humid there today, Barbara?  I hope so.  Syd certainly keeps busy.

Need to get ready for church now. 

Hope both of you have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS, WEEK OF JULY 12

No Linda..it is warmer with higher humidity...feels like the south. I have a maxi dress on that is pretty lightweight and do not plan on going outside too much.
Respected Contributor

No Linda..it is warmer with higher humidity...feels like the south. I have a maxi dress on that is pretty lightweight and do not plan on going outside too much.

I have developed some shoulder issues and since it has not resolved in a month, I will make an appointment to see someone. One more thing....
Amies 2 older girls go to camp for a few days so I have some letters ready to send to them.sydnie does not need camp with all of her other activities.

Linda, with my knee replacement, I cannot kneel for more than a few seconds so doing my own grout is out of the question.

We may have some bad storms later. I have weather alerts on my phone.
Glad dh stayed awake yesterday. I know that dementia patients like to sleep.

I will be back later
Respected Contributor

I hope the bad storms stay out of your area, Barbara. Have your gd's been to camp before?

I have laundry started and need to go out and clean up the yard, maybe mow. If rain holds off I may try to spray the moss on the sunporch roof. I think I may be able to do it from the spare room window.

Last night I slept 11 hours.

Griff is following in TT's footsteps. Helps himself to something then sticks his head in his food dish pretending he doesn't have anything.

Linda, I'm glad DH didn't head to bed at every opportunity yesterday. Some days I'm sure you wish for a bell to alert you that that's where he's headed. It seems to take a while for new atm cards to arrive.

Respected Contributor

Claudia, Kaylie went last year but this is Miley's first. A said she was a little apprehensive but will be fine.
M took syd to run errands. I am alternating knitting with picking up.

It is quite soupy out side.
Respected Contributor

Barbara, I remember going to 4-H camp with my bf and sitting on a top bunk howlin with homesickness. LOL. Now Whit was never homesick at camp.

Respected Contributor

Good morning. The bad storms hit some of the resort areas to the northwest of us. It did thunder and lightning an heavy rain. The power was out for a few hours. Today is just as hot and humid but no storm threat.

We just picked up the fownstairs. Syd is so unwilling to part with anything that it is pretty upsetting to her. So I will wait until next year.now the stuff is at least orderly.

I cannot get in to my orthopedist for 3 weeks. My rheumatologist so thonks it might be tendinitis..it is only annoying some of the time.
Claudia, I am glad Adam is back on his meds..forgot to mention that. Hope the back door is functional.

Linda, hope your day is going well.

I will check back

Respected Contributor

Sorry Syd is so resistent to parting with things. That makes it difficult. Maybe if she sees you donating items that might help.

R is now asking when I want a storm door. I said definitely before winter. A change from him saying one wasn't needed.

I made the reservation to stay near the airport the night before our flight. We can leave the car there and take a shuttle to the airport. The price is better than the one we stayed at before flying to Scotland plus has a restaurant on the premises. AAA had made that reservation.

It's a shame you have to wait 3 weeks to see the orthopedist. At least you're bothered only some of the time.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Sorry about your shoulder, Barbara.  At least it doesn't hurt all the time, but still.... It is a shame you can't see the doctor for three weeks.  Too bad about Syd being so unwilling to part with things, hope that changes next summer.  

I think I was pretty resistant to giving things away when I was a child.  One year, I didn't tell my parents that my doll. Suzie, was losing her head (coming off), since I didn't want to part with her.  This was bad timing since my birthday was in December so I missed two "gift giving" opportunities (birthday and Christmas), and had a doll beyond repair.  I think that taught me a lesson, however.  Hope camp goes well for both girls.  I never went away to overnight camp, and I can't remember if DD had any problems when she did.  I doubt it since she was not the type of kid to keep quiet. 

Glad R is mentioning the storm door, Claudia.  I think they are quite necessary in most areas.  We just have screen doors here, but I definitely had good storm doors in Maryland.  Sorry Griff is taking up some of TT's bad habits.  Good idea about the motel near the airport.  I need to make motel reservations for our first and last nights in Maryland.

I did more grout cleaning yesterday, and there is still a bit more to do, but not too bad.  DH didn't sneak into the bed, but he slept a lot on the sofa, which meant he didn't sleep well last night.

I had the strong bones workout this morning, and I'll be going to bookclub/lunch later.  I'll give DH lunch before I leave.  I was shocked to receive an e-mail from the owner of the local Curves saying that it is closed.  She was losing money, and the rent was very high.  So, now I need to figure out what exercises to do instead.  I'll really miss going there since in addition to the exercise and good company, it was "me" time which I need.  Oh well....

DD's car wouldn't start in the grocery parking lot yesterday, and it turned out to be a battery problem.  She bought a new battery today -- not cheap for that SUV.  Meanwhile the "old" bank only credited them with $300 from my SIL's check, so she could pay any bills, etc. today.  Hopefully, they will release the rest of the money tomorrow so she can run around and pay all the bills.

Hope both of you have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Sydnies ballet teacher was very impressed with how much her flexibility has improved. I hope that motivates her to continue.

I have never heard of a bank not releasing the full Amount of a deposit when changing banks. Yikes. Hope the battery was the fix for the cr, linda. Too bad about curves closing. My knitting is my time and I do not have the pressures you do. Hope you can find a substitute.

Claudia..storm doors are very necessary here also.
I made sloppy joes for supper and need to figure out what else to go with them.

Sleep well.