Regular Contributor

I purchased a t-shirt online from a department store yesterday and the shipping was $9.95. This was a short sleeve t-shirt. Thank goodness I caught the free shipping code. So, I'm thinking the Q's shipping charges aren't so bad, at least compared to this store.

Respected Contributor

You're right on that example, and that shipping price would have stopped me from ordering unless the shirt was a great price. I always go by the bottom line whether they are playing the coupon game, or not. I personally don't care how the retailer choses to get their money, as long as I feel like I got a good deal.

Respected Contributor

Both the store you were shopping and qvc have high shipping.

Super Contributor

ITA.

Valued Contributor

I always look for free shipping codes or other coupon codes before I order anything. Most of the time I can get something off my order. A lot of retailers also offer free shipping if you order over a certain amount - for instance, Lands End always offers free shipping for orders over $50 (which is easy to do) or you can have the shipping upgraded to 2-day delivery for $5 (as long as your entire order is over $50). Nice service.

Respected Contributor

BUT, you had a free shipping code...QVC doesn't have them! I hardly ever pay shipping charges. I just bought 6 items from Talbots, but there is a flat rate of $8- At QVC, it would have been $18+.

Esteemed Contributor

If I can't find a free or reduced shipping code, I don't order. And, I refuse to pay Q's shipping charges on anything.