Valued Contributor

If the hosts do not want to tell us in their lengthy presentation, it can certainly be entered in the product description on website just as easily as they can enter simply "imported".  Just think of the jobs for US employees if more companies would "Made in the USA"!  Another poster asked of the brands on QVC made in the United States, sometimes Susan Graver very proudly announces on air when one of her products is "proudly made right here in the United States of America".  So she has a manufacturer, please use it more!!!  Not going to pay over $60 before tax and shipping for a liquid knit top made in China; probably could be made less expensive right here and employ a bunch of U.S. citizens!!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624   If it is listed, on the product, then QVC should list it.

I wonder if they have products that are made let's say made in China and Vietnam.  They  have them all dumped together in the warehouse.  

When you order, your product could be made in either country...luck of the draw. Maybe that is why the country isn't listed.

I agree, they should tell you where something is made even if they have to say...either China or VIetnam.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC Please Disclose

[ Edited ]
  • I will continue to buy wherever something is made, if the product meets my criteria of a well made item.  At the least, QVC should note " proudly made in the USA"where appropriate.
Esteemed Contributor

QVC knows exactly where the products were made. And if they were made in more than one country, they can list both.  But they won't do that.  So many things are make in China that they would lose more sales than they would gain.  That is my opinion anyway.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@just wonder Over the last months you are the umpteenth person to post this and it's not going to happen.

People post this all the time and honestly it's getting tiresome.

QVC is not going to reveal this information.  They never have and likely never will.

Respected Contributor

I hope we all will continue to post our opinions even if they are repetitive.  Readers don't have to open a post if they are tired of seeing the topic discussed.   

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Esteemed Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

It's a good idea the OP has since the info is in every article of clothing.  But good luck finding items that are totally manufactured here.  Even my knitting yarn has "Made in the USA from imported material" which in this case was Mexico.

So I hope the OP has plenty of clothing to last awhile because manufacturing in the USA is not going to happen anytime soon.

At least if it's manufactured in USA from imported material American workers are involved.  Raw material have been imported for years but final product made here and I'm ok with that.  What would we ever do without imported coffee beans, there would be no Starbucks.

Contributor

I also will join to not buy from China.  I collect Spode Blue Italian which I brought with me from London.  Macy's had mugs but they went back, not only because it has made in China but the china was cheap feeling. Why is Newsom having masks made in China and paying one billion for them.

Valued Contributor

Maybe if QVC won't change their ways, if enough of us post our displeasure, albeit repetitive with not knowing where things are made, and vendors are afraid their sales might drop off and would improve if they had their products made anywhere besides China, the vendors themselves will find manufacturers in the USA or anywhere besides China to have their goods made.  Sometimes repetition is good and as another poster said, no one is forced to open and read any particular post.  I prefer USA, but would not send something I like back for being made outside the US (but never knowingly in China), but just look at the havoc China has reaked on our country and how many people are hurting badly because of  their actions.   Other countries have not hurt our economy and its people like China has and I certainly will not boycott those countries.    

Esteemed Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

@kaydee50 wrote:

It's a good idea the OP has since the info is in every article of clothing.  But good luck finding items that are totally manufactured here.  Even my knitting yarn has "Made in the USA from imported material" which in this case was Mexico.

So I hope the OP has plenty of clothing to last awhile because manufacturing in the USA is not going to happen anytime soon.

At least if it's manufactured in USA from imported material American workers are involved.  Raw material have been imported for years but final product made here and I'm ok with that.  What would we ever do without imported coffee beans, there would be no Starbucks.

Well I would be okay with that.  I don't drink coffee, never have, LOL.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead