Esteemed Contributor

@islington :  I assume you are writing about Governor Newsome.  Probably the reason he is making a one billion dollar purchase  of N95 masks because China is where they make them and is way quicker than setting up a manufacturing facility elsewhere.  From the content of this thread I'd like to know WHAT posters think the Chinese should have done differently that has posters in a twitter? Sounds xenophobic.

Honored Contributor

@islington wrote:

I also will join to not buy from China.  I collect Spode Blue Italian which I brought with me from London.  Macy's had mugs but they went back, not only because it has made in China but the china was cheap feeling. Why is Newsom having masks made in China and paying one billion for them.

@islington    Because the have the machinery to make them and workers trained to use it....fast and ready to go.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: QVC Please Disclose

[ Edited ]

@just wonder wrote:

Maybe if QVC won't change their ways, if enough of us post our displeasure, albeit repetitive with not knowing where things are made, and vendors are afraid their sales might drop off and would improve if they had their products made anywhere besides China, the vendors themselves will find manufacturers in the USA or anywhere besides China to have their goods made.  Sometimes repetition is good and as another poster said, no one is forced to open and read any particular post.  I prefer USA, but would not send something I like back for being made outside the US (but never knowingly in China), but just look at the havoc China has reaked on our country and how many people are hurting badly because of  their actions.   Other countries have not hurt our economy and its people like China has and I certainly will not boycott those countries.    

@just wonder    What havoc has China reeked?  What actions? You're basing your strong opinion on gossip and innuendo from those looking to place blame.  There is no scientific evidence China has done anything.  Until there is, it hardly seems fair to attempt to punish them, does it?

Just remember, in the complex arena of foreign trade, we need China a heck of a lot more than China needs us.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Many people would be unwilling to pay the price clothing made in USA would/does cost. I prefer the New Balance running shoes that are made in the US and i am willing to pay the triple/quadruple price over imported New Balance running shoes. Maybe if we could all learn to live with less stuff we would be willing to pay more for the items we buy. BUT I just don't believe the avg US consumer will stop buying so much stuff.

Pandemics are not the "fault " of any one country. How we react, how each country prepares and reacts to a pandemic, is the responsibility of the governments of each country, as well as their citizens. This has been a trying time for people all over the world. I may prefer not to buy clothing from China, if I can avoid it....but my reasons have nothing to do w/ the current situation.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."