Honored Contributor

Re: Pretty Logo Top, but...

[ Edited ]

I agree,  I do not do ruffles...and some of her tops look babydoll ish to me.  

Also do not wear sharkbite hems or hi low hems.

Esteemed Contributor

@PansyBoo wrote:

I don't mind the ruffles. But as someone else mentioned, I have never been a fan of elastic in sleeves. I have bought loads of LOGO over the years and it and Louis Dell Olio are the two brands I have the most of.

In LOGO I would say 98% of my purchases have been solid color items. I have very few prints from the line. Most all of the prints would be in tanks I've gotten to go under solid cardigans. I was trying to think if I had anything with ruffles so I went and checked my order history. I did find two items. The first one below is a basic for summer and I like it cause it so darn thin...thus cool. And the other one might not be anyone else's cup of tea but I wear it unbuttoned as a cardigan. I got the black color (not green as in pic) and wear it with a black shirt under it. It's good when you need a long sleeve but something not too heavy as the season is changing. Very comfortable. Both items are old and no longer available.

So yes, for better or worse I've rocked a ruffle or two. Woman LOL And at my age I don't really care if others find it appropriate or not.

@PansyBoo The ruffles in your clothes don't bother me at all!  It is the ones that go AROUND the hem of the top, hitting low in the waist of hips.  I am OK with asymmetrical, even though many don't.  I really go piece by piece.  But don't care for the placement I mentioned.

And I do like tiered.  Thnking about this A650027, but missed the presentation if there was one.  I would like to see it in someone other than Brenda, the sole model in the photos and website video.

Respected Contributor

I agree, ruffles around the tummy are not a good look.

Honored Contributor

Re: Pretty Logo Top, but...

[ Edited ]

Such a pretty color.

Honored Contributor

@PansyBoo 

Do you have an item number on the first pic you posted, the purple top?

I love that and can't seem to find it...(maybe not avail?)

Trusted Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@PansyBoo 

Do you have an item number on the first pic you posted, the purple top?

I love that and can't seem to find it...(maybe not avail?)

I'm sorry  @RespectLife  it is not available anymore. You might have not seen it but I did mention right before the pic that they were old items. Again, sorry.   

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 

That cashew color really caught my eye...but I missed it big time!
Instead I ordered the white in my size and the sage on waitlist.

They are good looking pants, I think, but I have never had her bf jeans...do you have any suggestions/recommendations?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@haddon9 

That cashew color really caught my eye...but I missed it big time!
Instead I ordered the white in my size and the sage on waitlist.

They are good looking pants, I think, but I have never had her bf jeans...do you have any suggestions/recommendations?

@LTT1 You can't go wrong with the blue denim!  I hope they work out well for you!😁

I'll start out wearing them cuffed but once they get washed I probably won't bother and will leave them down. I ordered them in petite and unrolled the inseam is 26" which hits me right at the ankle.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I can think of very few women I know whose appearance would be enhanced by a ruffle at the waist or hips, sort of like an elephant in a tutu....who needs it?

I think I've never owned a ruffle and have no plans to ever acquire one. 

@Kachina624 Some of your comments crack me up! Lol😆

Honored Contributor

I love it, and would wear it in a heartbeat, if it was more reasonably priced.  I'll pay $80 for a BD cardigan that I can use more often, but I can't justify it for blouse.