Honored Contributor

Re: PAJAMA BOTTOMS AND PANTIES TMI?

@sunshine45 wrote:

cannot stand nightgowns anymore.....i can sometimes do an oversized tee shirt to bed. i do have some nice barefoot dreams caftans that i wear around the house.

i get so twisted up in a nightgown all night long and dont have a restful sleep.

soooooo.....it is either naked or leggings/pj bottoms for me.....and i can only now wear a tank or camisole to bed, nothing with a sleeve.

@sunshine45   I do better in a short, knee length gown or short night shirt. 

Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@Shanus 

Only reading yours because of your notification  to me. Will now move on. 😚

hckynut 🏒

@hckynut   😏

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I haven't worn a nightgown in I don't know how many years.  I might have been a little kid.  I remember having homemade nightgowns back then.

I cannot stand a nightgown or nightshirt.  They ride up and get all twisted up and I find myself waking up to fuss with them.   

@Lipstickdiva   When I tried pajama pants, I got a wedgie, so guess we're even. 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Since we are talking about underthings.... question...

Do you have Poise in your pants?

@SeaMaiden   Huh?

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

cannot stand nightgowns anymore.....i can sometimes do an oversized tee shirt to bed. i do have some nice barefoot dreams caftans that i wear around the house.

i get so twisted up in a nightgown all night long and dont have a restful sleep.

soooooo.....it is either naked or leggings/pj bottoms for me.....and i can only now wear a tank or camisole to bed, nothing with a sleeve.

@sunshine45 I can't stand nightgowns either.  Think I must have been a teen when I last wore one.  I find them very uncomfortable.

Instead I wear pj bottoms and when it's hot, pj shorts or capris.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SeaMaiden   Huh?

@Shanus Haven't you seen the commercials on TV for Poise? 😄

Respected Contributor

I like a nice pajama set - preferably nice soft pima cotton.  Usually in a novelty pattern - I am currently contemplating BedHead's 'Golden Girls' pajama set  Woman LOL

At bedtime I'll take off the bottoms and just sleep in the shirt.  Any kind of nightgown or knee length nightshirt is bothersome to me.  I agree that you wind up sleeping on it and getting twisted up so you can't move freely. 

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SeaMaiden   Huh?

@SeaMaiden  Guess not.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SeaMaiden   Huh?

@SeaMaiden  Guess not.

@SeaMaiden  @Shanus  A bit to personal a topic IMO

Honored Contributor

Well, as with everything else, times have changed!  Pretty and comfortable sleepwear is something which I struggle to find these days.

Before this virus thing occurred, I would go in stores and find primarily boxer short type things and tank top things.  Also very blah looking lounge wear draw string pant things and then sloppy looking t-shirts to go along with.  Not my idea of nice sleepwear. 

But I am thinking that a lot of these items can be worn all day and all night and some even to go outside in and some even to do errands.??  

This also might go along with the athleisure clothing popularity which has been going on for a number of years.  Yoga pants and leggings for all day, all night, every where wear. 

I personally, have a couple nightgowns, but don't find them comfortable to sleep in, as they get all twisted up and end up bunched up to my waist.  

My preferred sleepwear are nice capri pajama sets for summer and long sleeve and bottom pajama sets for fall and winter.  I don't get them skin tight but normal size and I prefer a cotton blend.  

I was friends with a woman who stated that she always wore her underpants and bras  under her sleepwear when she went to bed.  I didn't think that would be comfortable or healthy.???  Oh, well, to each her own, right?? 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin