Honored Contributor

I know from previous threads over the years that embellished clothing is very polarizing. Just like other fashion styles and elements, some people like embellishments while others don’t.

I do not specifically look for or avoid embellished items.

I prefer subtle or tonal embellishments, however, I will buy something bolder if I like it. It really just depends on each individual garment. 

Here are a few of the embellished pieces I own. 

Does anyone else want to share photos or descriptions of their embellished fashion items? 

I wear this Cynthia Rowley cardigan often in fall and winter with trousers, skirts, and over dresses. 

15E1B605-6556-4729-85D7-7E895766A39A.jpeg

I love dogs so this Quacker Factory Christmas top is perfect for me. 

9C814A89-1E8F-44F6-9255-43B0B8CEC8C3.jpeg

Fun t-shirt that I wear in summer with jeans & jean shorts. 

My sister bought this Rafaella top in Belk’s for me on vacation a couple years ago. 

F6074CD4-79C9-4E79-941D-2694DBA16B10.jpeg

Very versatile & slimming crochet trim top from Macy’s Karen Scott brand  

IMG_0312.jpg

Respected Contributor

I really don't have any clothes with embellishments.  I am a retired p-k teacher.  I taught for 30 years.  WHile I was teaching, I wore lots of tops and jewelry that were themed and embellished and the students loved it.  When I retired, I gave them away to my teacher friends.  I do enjoy seeing embellishments on others, just not my thing now I guess.

Respected Contributor

Re: Embellishments

[ Edited ]

Quacker Factory has been very popular for years so there is obviously a huge market for this.  People who buy Jean's products love them, my guess.  I love her Jeans with the embellishments.

Esteemed Contributor

This is the only one I have access to right now, I have some winter tops that have embellishment but they are now in hibernation until next November.

This top really is an oldie but goodie, it's at least 10 years old but is still one of my favorites.  From Chico's. 

I've included a close up, the front has colored metal beads, and the sleeves are sheer.  Yes, I love color!

IMG_9677.JPG

fullsizeoutput_5dc.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Love the top with the Doggies on it🤗

Honored Contributor

I have a black tee shirt with a sequined pineapple on it.  For some reason I love pineapples 🍍 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I don't mind a little tasteful embroidery but I dispise rhinestones and studs all over it a la Quacker Factory.  I got a denim shirt last fall with embroidered sunflowers which was absolutely ruined by garish embelishments.  I tried to remove them to no avail so I sent it back.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@wilma 

I would wear the Firtst 2 and the Last.

Cute and not too much.

Honored Contributor

Some of my tops from yesterday has embrodery on them.  Everything is line dried, then pressed before I wear it.

Anthropology 

20200429_152212.jpg

Free People 

20200429_152035.jpg

Free People 

20200429_152006.jpg

Soft Surroundings 

20200429_151601.jpg

Honored Contributor

I like some / dislike some.  It depends on the individual piece.  Some pieces are "me" and some are not.  Some of my pieces are just fun to wear.  Some are a bit dressy enough for when I have to get "dressed" for some occasion.  

I have two Sandy Starkman shirt/jackets.  I have an early QF denim jacket that has satin applique of NYC buildngs.  I have two t-shirts where the entire fronts are tiny sequines.  Blouses with sequins, stones or lace.

I have a bunch of embellished LOGO pieces. I removed the seed beads from one top - not "me."  

I bought a very dark indigo denim shirt to embellish ... I crocheted a bunch of lace motifs with metallic yarns (look like little doilies) that I plan on attaching to the shrt.

Like I said above .... some stuff is "me" some stuff isn't.