Honored Contributor

Re: Outfit of the day, if you dare!

@tansy wrote:

My husband and I have two knee replacements each. The surgery is so much easier than it was and your knee will feel so much better, ECBG.  I wouldn't put it off until January.  

@tansy 

I prefer the holiday season to the cold months in retail, but thanks!

Honored Contributor

Obviously it's your decision, ECBG.  I wanted to avoid the winter weather while I was rehabbing.  

Honored Contributor

Doing better ladies.  I can go around 20 feet without support or pain.  My walker was delivered.  I works first thing before the 800 (not 80) mg ibuprofen I take.

Hope I can stand some mid through Easter so I can cook. 

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

Obviously it's your decision, ECBG.  I wanted to avoid the winter weather while I was rehabbing.  

@tansy 

Thank you and thanks for your kind concern.

I'm the matriarch of the family.  Christmas is here plus all I have the decor and presents leading up to the celebration.

We generally have bitter cold winters and ice; much better if I'm down at that time than at a major holiday; of course I can say that as I am coming out of the pain from the fall, the shot in my knee isn't really a factor.  I won't be dealing with the fall then.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@tansy wrote:

@tansy 

Thank you and thanks for your kind concern.

I'm the matriarch of the family.  Christmas is here plus all I have the decor and presents leading up to the celebration.

We generally have bitter cold winters and ice; much better if I'm down at that time than at a major holiday; of course I can say that as I am coming out of the pain from the fall, the shot in my knee isn't really a factor.  I won't be dealing with the fall then.

@ECBG My dear friend, it's time to pass the torch!  Invite the next generation to have the holiday, do it their way, and treat you like the Queen it is your time to be.  It is a blessing to let others do for you and help you, and a special memory created in their own lives! 

Whenever you have surgery, don't suffer more than you have to, and let others care for you. Heart 

It is difficult to see those we love in pain and refuse our help.  Been there done that and it is easier to "do-for"!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG 

Glad to hear you're doing better.
Wishing You the Best! 🌈

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Doing better ladies.  I can go around 20 feet without support or pain.  My walker was delivered.  I works first thing before the 800 (not 80) mg ibuprofen I take.

Hope I can stand some mid through Easter so I can cook. 

Hope you are all better soon!  And apologies for the unsolicited advice, but you may want to make sure how much ibuprofen is appropriate to take.  My gp has told me not to take any because it can be hard on the liver.  I am even limited on how much acetaminophen I can take.  But we are all different!  I used to take it when I was younger, no problems then.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @wilma so sorry about what you are going thru.  You'll know what is best for you.  You have a lot of options.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner 

Thank you my Dear.  My DIL can't cook, lol.  I can arm chair guide DH to get the potato salad done; I can mix up the deviled eggs, although, he may have to stuff.  The ham is no biggie, just open the oven door.  The rest of the other vegetables are stove top or roasted.  Also, my 18 yr old GS is used to helping me.  I've tried to show him how to read a recipe.

DIL always sets the table and she or DS do the dishes.

I am standing pain free now, stamina is another story which I'll work on this week.

Yesterday, I was able to stand from several areas where I hadn't in 4 weeks.  Today was the first time I could get up out of bed without being pulled up.  (yeah.......)!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

@Sooner 

Thank you my Dear.  My DIL can't cook, lol.  I can arm chair guide DH to get the potato salad done; I can mix up the deviled eggs, although, he may have to stuff.  The ham is no biggie, just open the oven door.  The rest of the other vegetables are stove top or roasted.  Also, my 18 yr old GS is used to helping me.  I've tried to show him how to read a recipe.

DIL always sets the table and she or DS do the dishes.

I am standing pain free now, stamina is another story which I'll work on this week.

Yesterday, I was able to stand from several areas where I hadn't in 4 weeks.  Today was the first time I could get up out of bed without being pulled up.  (yeah.......)!

Have Easter catered or at a restaurant, then everyone can relax!  I am also the cook in the family but sometimes my family insists on doing this so I get a break.