Respected Contributor
I would love to see Dave V and Rick D host a Gili show. Lol. It would be entertaining and they would do a good job and have fun doing it. Lol. Jill B is very competent. I'm not warming up to Jill M yet, but it's the first time I've ever seen her. She did say something was "major" which is like nails on a chalkboard to me.
Super Contributor
Jill Martin is a little full of herself. Telling Jill Bauer that she probably couldn't button her size 12 jacket - wow! After Jill Bauer said in the beginning of the show what great friends they are. I don't know about you, but my friends and I would never put each other out there like that in a public forum. Also Jill Martin said something about covering your muffin top. Oops Jill, you probably don't have a muffin top. I think GILI in general is overrated and expensive. A $699 purse. Really?
Super Contributor
I would love to see Alberti host a GILI show - I love him....
Super Contributor

I have a few comments.

Jill Martin is not "designing" GILI, just directing it. There are is a team just like there was when LR was doing it.

Jill B never buttons or zips her jackets. I thought it was rude of Jill M to say anything about it. If you wear a jacket like a shirt, typically you go true to size, it is when you put it over something else you need to size up so the comment about sizing up because you wear it like a shirt makes no sense.

Jill B at least explained the items, while Jill M didn't know what she was doing.

I assume Jill M will learn a lot & will never present alone as she is not a host.

I am sure the products through at least summer will be those that LR had a hand in.

I have noticed that since LR has left, the GILI prices have skyrocketed. IMO they are shooting themselves in the foot as this will mean the demise of the line.

Trusted Contributor

Well, Jill finally decided to come in! Jill B does not fit a G.I.L.I. image and wore a size too small that couldn't be zipped up. It looks like a Jill B training session as she did 99% of the presentations. The styling elements, such as the placement of seams, was NEVER discussed probably because neither Jill knows such things. And taking off the tassel when that is a signature of the line!?! Telling people to give away their clothes and replace them with G.I.L.I.? Really? And stating that G.I.L.I. is meant to be timeless classics to use "for 10 yrs"? Really? A least they named the REAL G.I.L.I. style designers behind the scenes. And Jill M wants the line to be pieces to "use in different ways....multitask". Isn't that a completely different direction than and elegant designer knock off line that is a person's "got it, love it" pieces?

G.I.L.I. started to die today RIP.

Regular Contributor

I like that new GILI purse with the fringe but for $300? I think the prices of GILI were high to begin with, but it's worse now.

Honored Contributor
On 3/26/2015 wishd4it said:

I have a few comments.

Jill Martin is not "designing" GILI, just directing it. There are is a team just like there was when LR was doing it.

Jill B never buttons or zips her jackets. I thought it was rude of Jill M to say anything about it. If you wear a jacket like a shirt, typically you go true to size, it is when you put it over something else you need to size up so the comment about sizing up because you wear it like a shirt makes no sense.

Jill B at least explained the items, while Jill M didn't know what she was doing.

I assume Jill M will learn a lot & will never present alone as she is not a host.

I am sure the products through at least summer will be those that LR had a hand in.

I have noticed that since LR has left, the GILI prices have skyrocketed. IMO they are shooting themselves in the foot as this will mean the demise of the line.

Right on. The designer had to get in the fact that Jill couldn't zip it up instead of just calling attention to the fact that she, herself wears it as a shirt. RUDE!!!!!{#emotions_dlg.angry}
Regular Contributor

To be honest, people complained about Lisa Robertson not being a fashion designer. But, at least she had a true eye for fashion and was very knowledgeable...

So what credentials does Jill Martin have? She kept on going on and on about how she likes pockets...{#emotions_dlg.blink} Her telling me that she likes pockets tells me nothing about the item being shown. I guess we are to expect the GILI line to have lots of pockets in the future. {#emotions_dlg.blink}

Honored Contributor
Oh boy! I can't wait to get home & watch the show-glad I recorded it. Lol, well detailed comments ladies, thx for a preview. Really surprised to read about the recent significant price increases for the inventory-some items are a year old! The increased pricing coincides with JM being named the director, so Q must think JM has pals or influence to draw a new customer base that will buy at those price levels. It's definitely cray cray. Wow

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Super Contributor

I also noticed she kept removing the tassel on the bag. I guess in the future we can expect no tassels.