Esteemed Contributor

I ordered this dress from Macy's.   I would like to wear a cardigan or blazer with it.  But not sure of what styles and colors I should purchase,  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.   TIA

Screen Shot 2018-12-31 at 10.30.47 AM.png

Honored Contributor

Just wondering why you would want to wear something over it?  It looks nice just the way it is.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I think it is very pretty as it is

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Super Contributor

I agree with the other ladies! This wrap style is particularly flattering to most everyone, who cover it up. I think of a blazer as a more tailored piece, perhaps too tailored for this soft feminine style.

Super Contributor

I agree with the other ladies! This wrap style is particularly flattering to most everyone, who cover it up. I think of a blazer as a more tailored piece, perhaps too tailored for this soft feminine style. If you really need a wrap perhaps a very lightweight bolero type of a cardigan.

Esteemed Contributor

@Boehm Collector, great dress and no need for anything but fabulous earrings, bracelet, watch, and clutch.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector

Like the others, I wouldn't cover it up.  That is going to be a hard color to match and I didn't see anything in RL with that color.

I did find this shrug,from CK, also at Macy's.

Personally, if I wanted to add something, I would look for a cropped cardigan in a contrast color.

Respected Contributor

love the shrug, and the dress.  i definatley would want a piece to wear with it. who knows what the weather will be? you can always remove the extra piece when you arrive to where you are going.

i would not try and match the color. it never looks right. what about a choclate brown, or pink? black? cream? lots of options IMO. what about matching the color of the print? looks like cream. even a cute sweater would be cute. 

Respected Contributor

I'd go with a skinny (light weight)  knit cardigan, maybe hip length, in a color similar to the color of the leaves on the dress.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

Pretty dress @Boehm Collector I agree that anything you put over it should be cropped. An ivory cropped sweater or jacket with very clean lines. The ruching requires something cropped, imho.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"