Frequent Contributor

I bought the Big Deal jeans last week from NYDJ.  I got an email later saying we got your cancel request.  Weird since I did not cancel.  I called QVC and they said NYDJ could not fulfill the order as they didn't have enough inventory.  I ordered at the first persentation.  So strange.  Anway, QVC did give me a credit to use on my next item at least.  Hold on to your hat, $10.00.  Better than nothing, though.

Trusted Contributor

That's nice that they are making that available to you. I was waiting for a prime rib and it showed shipped for a couple of weeks. I finally called again about it only to be told that Rastellis had over extended themselves and could not fulfill all the orders. . . I was to serve it on NYE, I found this out on 12/23. I never even got an apology. But I will never trust anything from any of the Rastelli companies again.

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)
Respected Contributor

That's disappointing. I just ordered four prs of democracy jeans from their website. Nice sale right now. The brand fits me well. 

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

Re: NYDJ Big Deal

[ Edited ]

@Redsoxmom1  & @We rescue cats  :  That's really kind of disturbing to me. For the past two months they notified me they were unable to fulfill my two AutoDeliveries. It aggravated me but I just figured they were trying to get around my cheaper price that is locked in thru AD but this month they wrote they were in negotiations with the manufacturer to receive the product. Now that I've seen your posts I find it worrisome.

Respected Contributor

@Redsoxmom1 That's just wrong. They should have a notification  that says order cancelled due to inventory issues, not that they received YOUR request to cancel. 

Does it always have to become so confusing? It's nice they responded with a credit, though.

But, we want what we order and it's disappointing when it's suddenly not available. Someone needs to be counting the marbles more efficiently.

Trusted Contributor

@Spacrazy wrote:

@Redsoxmom1  & @We rescue cats  :  That's really kind of disturbing to me. For the past two months they notified me they were unable to fulfill my two AutoDeliveries. It aggravated me but I just figured they were trying to get around my cheaper price that is locked in thru AD but this month they wrote they were in negotiations with the manufacturer to receive the product. Now that I've seen your posts I find it worrisome.

I cannot begin to tell you how angry I was, having to go in search of a prime rib that I was serving in just a few days. We live in a small town and have limited choices of where to shop. I found one though not the size I wanted so I supplemented the meat with seafood. 

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)
Honored Contributor

It's nice they gave you $10.   Usually we get nothing when they oversell. 

Valued Contributor

Re: NYDJ Big Deal

[ Edited ]

I am frustrated with AD as well as QVC "overextending" sales.  Beekman AD I had for a yr, I think it was to be 4 shipments total was delayed (very delayed) after the first shipment was timely, that I just bailed on the last one.  Too bad because it was a set that had their makeup wipes in the kit and their body butter that I love  

Food is no excuse and that vendor should be punished by the Q, either no more "deals" or specifically big purchase holiday sales.  No customer deserves that treatment, and that partner company knows in plenty of enough time they do not have the stock to commit to orders. They are the purchaser of the meat/seafood/etc. If there is a shortage, they are the first to know from their purchasing department communications. Immediate refunds and formal notices should be provided by Q and the vendor, and ideally some type of coupon, but most often that will not happen.

I work in an industry that much like the rest of the world during the height of covid, was greatly effected by "lead times" on materials we ordered every day.  Items that were considered long lead before covid might have been 12 -16weeks, were suddenly 24-52.  Almost all products have gone back to their original lead times, less a few very special items because of where some of the parts come from.  The ongoing use of the problems with deliveries, warehouse issues, not having product because of this-and-that, is totally overused and very stale.  The Q company is using that as their fallback excuse so people will hopefully be understanding and "remember what we all just went through the last few years".  Same reason they kept pushing fancier items (and more expensive foods) this past holiday season and the repeated notes about this summer being the best in a few years with "all the weddings, graduations, " blahblah blah. " Spend more it will make you happy and your family happy" is essentially the messaging.

Q needs to own up to their mistakes instead of making excuses, and hold their partners responsible and accountable when their customers are denied a service they paid for.  But then again, as I noted elsewhere on these boards, to paraphrase "The Q is not a family, the customers are not part of some Q family,  and Everyone is replaceable".  The execs assume (incorrectly as it seems) there will be another customer to take your place next season when a roast is up for the Holidays, when you do not repurchase.  And they will be wrong.