Trusted Contributor

Re: My opinion of Posh Knits

I share your concern, crdlb. I did have SHEDDING with my Raspberry pieces, which is VERY different from pilling. But those not disposed to hear that ignored this natural characteristic altogether. Shedding is self-limiting, which I knew it would be. And in fact stopped after the first few wearings. I went back and ordered more PK as I was able to do so after the Christmas bills.

Trusted Contributor

The knit itself is just scrumptious. It provides warmth without the weight. I'm about to order a navy turtleneck as they are shorter than the crew neck. I have the cadet and raspberry cardi and send back the crews because of the length. I know that long is 'in' and for the taller Linea Ladies, I'm glad you have something for you, but it seems ALL but the turtleneck are much too long for someone under 5'4". I so wish the turtleneck came in the cadet blue and raspberry! I'm long overdue to post a review for the ones I did keep. Oh, and no pilling, just a tiny bit -and I mean tiny bit - of natural shedding. And they wash beautifully as well.

Respected Contributor

I also love the PKs for many reasons--softness, fit, warmth, 3-season, travel well--but I have had problems with shedding and pilling and still kept them. I purchased the black, cadet blue and grey with shells and mufflers and the cadet blue showed the most shedding/pilling that requires me to shave it before each wearing. I have to admit it's a hassle I'd rather not have, but the cadet blue is my favorite color. All the shells and mufflers are just fine, with no problems whatsoever.

I just returned from traveling and wore the PK black cardigan over the LDO white "Kate" blouse, which was disastrous--blouse was covered with black lint and unwearable after that. This wouldn't have happened had I brought my black cashmere cardigan and it didn't happen with the PK grey cardigan. So, bottom line for me--yes, there ARE problems, but the good outweighs the bad on the PK's.

Super Contributor

I have the raspberry tank and cardi and both have pill terribly under the arms and all the way down the seams. I use a shaver on both pieces after each wearing. I never had the problem with my older turtlenecks so not sure what may have changed. Love the way they feel and fit but won't buy anymore.
Valued Contributor

On 1/24/2014 Seka said:

I LOVE my Posh Knits as well! My favourite is the Mock Neck Elbow Length Sleeve Sweater A238532 - I have it in Black and wear it with the matching Cardigan - and also under the Linea Ponte Tunics! I own 3 of the Scarves - wear them every day - it has been extremely cold! I agree - Posh Knits are very warm - I machine wash and dry mine - no issues.

I just ordered that exact black top! I bought the cardis in ivory and black and thought they looked smashing. The lines really slimmed my sides. As 4"11 hourglass, clothes that fit often make me look wider at the waist. Do you find the mock neck runs tighter? I went up a size for my bustline based on reviews.
Respected Contributor

I had only ordered the Black Posh V Neck and Black Posh Muffler. I finally opened them last week and I wore the V Neck almost every day here in Massachusetts---it was sooo comfortable and cozy. So I want back to see what was still available in my size and I picked up the Purple Haze Posh Tank, Cardigan and Muffler. They just arrived on Monday and I can't wait to wear them tomorrow. I have had no problem with pilling, either. Love, love, love.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel