Regular Contributor
I have been wearing a Wacoal minimizer bras for years and didn’t mind paying that high price because of the high quality of their bras. The last couple of bras I have ordered I have noticed the quality is not there anymore and the bras are just not fitting the same and not lasting as long. I’m ready to find another brand. Can anyone recommend a good minimizer bra? Thanks!!
Respected Contributor

Re: Minimizer Bra

[ Edited ]

I, too, would welcome any responses to your question.  thank you.

I am assuming the Wacoal bras are now made in China.  What does it say on your label?

Honored Contributor

I too am disappointed in the newer Walcoal bras, nothing stays the same, sigh.😿

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I too noticed the  Wacoal minimizer that I have worn for years is now made so "skimpy"

Such a disappointment !

Respected Contributor

I gave up on Wacoal a few years ago.  I now wear Chantelle.  The bra I wear is Rive Gauche.  They are beautiful and give me a lot of support.  Nordstrom will often have this particular style on a price match or discount.  The ones I have are lace.  

Regular Contributor
Big Sister it says Dominican Republic on the label.
Frequent Contributor

I own several Soma minimizer bras along with some other full figure bras. They are good quality. If you have a Soma store near you, it is great to be able to try them on vs. ordering online.  They can be pricey, but they are made fairly well and do have sales fairly often.  An FYI:  Soma is a sister store to Chico's.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
Having worn Wacoal exclusively for decades (full figure) before loosing 60lbs my last awarness bra ordered 38I small felt awful. That was my bottom! Looked at myself no longer felt comfortable. Plant Based Lifestyle, Dramatically reducing bust 32DD no surgery. Not saying that everyone who has large breast is over weight in my case weight tipped the scales 182lbs. Love Wacoal! Have enjoyed rebuilding wardrobe of bras one of my favorites 853192 tee shirts. Do hand wash in cool water using Shea moisture body wash free from sulfates and chemicals, Never use wool-light ruin your bras.
Honored Contributor

I am sized 12 and 40DD and for many years the only bra I wear is Lilyette by Bali #939 Taylored Minimizer bras.  They are convertible strap so you can wear strapless (there is silicone which actually does keep them up), criss cross, halter and regular. I always wear mine criss cross which avoids the divot on the shoulder area and also the pain from supporting all that.  They are so comfortable.

Respected Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:
Having worn Wacoal exclusively for decades (full figure) before loosing 60lbs my last awarness bra ordered 38I small felt awful. That was my bottom! Looked at myself no longer felt comfortable. Plant Based Lifestyle, Dramatically reducing bust 32DD no surgery. Not saying that everyone who has large breast is over weight in my case weight tipped the scales 182lbs. Love Wacoal! Have enjoyed rebuilding wardrobe of bras one of my favorites 853192 tee shirts. Do hand wash in cool water using Shea moisture body wash free from sulfates and chemicals, Never use wool-light ruin your bras.

@Sweet_SerenityCongratulations on your weight loss.  Sadly my girls aren't moving no matter what I do!  I've lost 25 pounds over the last few years but not there where I need it!!  So weird- I seemed to lose most everywhere else.

I have a hard time finding a good bra that is comfortable.  Currently I am wearing some I got at The Avenue but I don't think they are that supportive.  I need to look at some of the suggestions here.