Esteemed Contributor

Re: Melissa files lawsuit over Joan's death

Good for Melissa

- it takes someone of wealth and stature to help all of us who have had family members or personally suffered indignities by the medical profession.

Honored Contributor

On 1/27/2015 dooBdoo said:
On 1/27/2015 Goldie76 said:

There is still a giant hole where the nonpareil entertainer/entrepreneur Joan Rivers once flourished. My exposure to her was <em>The Tonight Show,</em> Red Carpet interviews and <em>QVC</em>. I adored her saucy, irreverent spirit and her unbelievable energy.

I miss her when I tune in to <em>QVC</em> and realize that she will never show up to make me laugh again or persuade me to buy one of her grand patriotic jewelry offerings.

I repeat myself on this forum, but what a loss. All because of an apparent lack of professionalism and ego-stroking decisions.

That's an eloquent post, Goldie76. I agree with you. I'm not a person to become personally "attached" to a celebrity, but somehow her essence, her spirit, was powerful enough to touch my heart -- and many other hearts -- to the extent that her passing felt like a personal loss. I was watching one of the JR shows this week. Jacque said she keeps expecting Joan to walk onto the set and join them, and David agreed and they took a slight pause. I keep expecting Joan to walk in, too.

dooBdoo, I believe that you gave expression to the unexpected feelings of loss some of us have experienced after Joan's tragic death. Like you, I had no great attachment to her (but I obviously enjoyed her wit and tremendous energy). However, I did not fully realize how much she had impressed me and entertained me until she was no more.

It was, as you wrote, her fiery, courageous and independent spirit that had captivated us without our really knowing it. Somehow, she gave us courage to press on, too. It wasn't just her bees -- it was also how she lived her life.

Super Contributor

I hope those lawyers take that clinic to the cleaners. Go, go Melissa!!! Every time I see a pic or film footage of Joan I just shake my head in disbelief, that THAT much life is no longer here, just because of gross negligence. I wish I could sue the dr that messed up my eye, but don't have the means, so have pretty strong feelings about this. - Bird

Trusted Contributor

What happened to Joan wasn't despite the fact that she was famous, but BECAUSE she was famous. Famous people take liberties thinking they're entitled. Believe me, if Joan wasn't famous, her personal doctor wouldn't have been allowed into the procedure room, wouldn't have been allowed to perform a procedure, there would be no reason for the surgery centers physician to want to take a selfie. Yes, they were unprepared for an emergency, but it never would have come to that point if Joan wasn't "famous".
Trusted Contributor

On 1/28/2015 The Bird said:

I hope those lawyers take that clinic to the cleaners. Go, go Melissa!!! Every time I see a pic or film footage of Joan I just shake my head in disbelief, that THAT much life is no longer here, just because of gross negligence. I wish I could sue the dr that messed up my eye, but don't have the means, so have pretty strong feelings about this. - Bird

I don't know your story, but in malpractice cases, the lawyers only get money if you win,
Honored Contributor

I recently had cataracts removed from both eyes, separate procedures. I had my choice of the doctor's office or the hospital. Thanks to Joan's "warning" I picked the hospital. If anything goes wrong I want to be close to the best equipment and medical personnel.

Super Contributor

Good luck Melissa. Hopefully a famous name, like Joan Rivers can make some changes that are urgently needed. This was an awful thing to happen to Joan and to read about the photos etc. made me angry as well. These "doctors" are slime and need to be dealt with in the courts.
Esteemed Contributor

They always say you need to bring someone with you who cares about you---apparently, it was not her personal physician. I hope they all rot in h---ll for what they did to Joan. I bet she must have suffered before she died. Take their medical license so they can never work again in this profession. So very sad to find out that your mother died because of incompetent doctors. It would be hard for me to restrain myself against these doctors. I would make sure that Dr. Korovin's clients quit going to her and she loses all of her ill gained money.

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/28/2015 K9buddy said: What happened to Joan wasn't despite the fact that she was famous, but BECAUSE she was famous. Famous people take liberties thinking they're entitled. Believe me, if Joan wasn't famous, her personal doctor wouldn't have been allowed into the procedure room, wouldn't have been allowed to perform a procedure, there would be no reason for the surgery centers physician to want to take a selfie. Yes, they were unprepared for an emergency, but it never would have come to that point if Joan wasn't "famous".

That's baloney, there are so many murders by the medical profession and all get swept under the rug because the people are not note worthy or rich enough to sue.

Trusted Contributor

On 1/28/2015 hopi said:
On 1/28/2015 K9buddy said: What happened to Joan wasn't despite the fact that she was famous, but BECAUSE she was famous. Famous people take liberties thinking they're entitled. Believe me, if Joan wasn't famous, her personal doctor wouldn't have been allowed into the procedure room, wouldn't have been allowed to perform a procedure, there would be no reason for the surgery centers physician to want to take a selfie. Yes, they were unprepared for an emergency, but it never would have come to that point if Joan wasn't "famous".

That's baloney, there are so many murders by the medical profession and all get swept under the rug because the people are not note worthy or rich enough to sue.

You don't need to be rich or famous to sue for malpractice. It's done all the time. The lawyer gets paid only if and when the suit goes in your favor.