Frequent Contributor

Re: Melissa files lawsuit over Joan's death

On 1/28/2015 K9buddy said: What happened to Joan wasn't despite the fact that she was famous, but BECAUSE she was famous. Famous people take liberties thinking they're entitled. Believe me, if Joan wasn't famous, her personal doctor wouldn't have been allowed into the procedure room, wouldn't have been allowed to perform a procedure, there would be no reason for the surgery centers physician to want to take a selfie. Yes, they were unprepared for an emergency, but it never would have come to that point if Joan wasn't "famous".

We don't know that for sure.You are just guessing.It was her time plain and simple.

Trusted Contributor

I'm glad Melissa is suing and making a statement on poor doctors and abuse of patients and their rights.

Melissa lost both her parents in tragic scenarios. That is a lot to endure in her young life. I think the way she's handled her losses has been quite remarkable.

Trusted Contributor

On 1/30/2015 iPod said:
On 1/28/2015 K9buddy said: What happened to Joan wasn't despite the fact that she was famous, but BECAUSE she was famous. Famous people take liberties thinking they're entitled. Believe me, if Joan wasn't famous, her personal doctor wouldn't have been allowed into the procedure room, wouldn't have been allowed to perform a procedure, there would be no reason for the surgery centers physician to want to take a selfie. Yes, they were unprepared for an emergency, but it never would have come to that point if Joan wasn't "famous".

We don't know that for sure.You are just guessing.It was her time plain and simple.

So you think that if she were any Joe off the street the clinic would have allowed his personal physician who was not authorized to be in the room, much less perform a procedure on him, would have been permitted. And that the physician would have wanted to take a selfie with the Joe off the street. Oh, ok.
Valued Contributor

On 1/30/2015 iPod said:

What a simplistic response. Doctors and other providers sued for malpractice would love to have someone like you on the jury.