Respected Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

If you're going to wear a duster, it looks best with slim pants and heels.  Floral Duster for Summer and Fall Plus My New Favorite Handbag – Sabby  StyleSabby Style

Slim pants, body and tall frame. Think fashion model.

Honored Contributor

What's nice about long dusters.......they look very nice over skin-tight

leggings/tights/pants. 

I'm one who doesn't wear skin tight leggings without coverage at my lower back-side.  Longer vests, tops, etc.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@ahoymate wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

If you're going to wear a duster, it looks best with slim pants and heels.  Floral Duster for Summer and Fall Plus My New Favorite Handbag – Sabby  StyleSabby Style

Slim pants, body and tall frame. Think fashion model.

This doesn't look anything like what Mrs. Roper wore.  Mrs. Roper wore caftans.   Dusters and caftans are two different things.

Honored Contributor

they are one of my favorite accessories. i LOVE wearing sleeveless tops, but often need a topper to add onto my look. dusters, kimonos, toppers, cocoon tops, overlays....whatever you want to call them, i have them. LOL

i like wearing a column of one color sometimes (especially black) and then put something on top to make it stand out.

i am 5'7" and they work well for my body type.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

I have a few dusters. I'm tall, so they work. However, depending on the weather, they may not leave the house. It has to be cool enough to wear the extra layer but warm enough not to require a coat. I like that they add drama if I am in the mood.

In SoCal, you will see every style under the moon, so I see people wearing them. 

Respected Contributor

Down here in the hot and humid south, we try to take off extra layers not add to them. They remind me of the old movie stars back in the 50s/60s where the women entertained at home, wearing their kitten heels and sipping on a beverage. I've never seen anyone in real life here wearing them.

Valued Contributor

Re: Long Flowy Dusters

[ Edited ]

I'm 5'9" - I own a few long, flowy Dusters...

I feel glamorous in them, and I get tons of compliments every time I wear them.

Granted, they may not be suitable for the average or short woman, but why disparage them, because it's not your taste?

Sheesh!

Respected Contributor

I have several and like to wear them when I have appointments.  They're a bit  much for errands or shopping, but I like to wear toppers of different lengths and I do.  

Nice to have options for all of us.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

@LavernLuvsShoes wrote:

Granted, they may not be suitable for the average or short woman, but why disparage them, because it's not your taste?

Agree with you @LavernLuvsShoes .  

Respected Contributor

I love dusters and have a number of them. Mine are a bit shorter than shown here.