Occasional Contributor
Liz Claiborne petite model does not wear the clothes well! Petite clothes need to be sized appropriately for an all over body fit---not just the length. I'll bet that's the reason they don't have many petite models. These clothes only look good on the tall girls. (IMHO).
Honored Contributor

Re: Liz Claiborne Petite Model

There a very few petite models to begin with. The same reason model are usually tall. They need to be seen and stand out in a group setting. A petite person does not. I think QVC is the only place I've ever seen a petite model. Even models that are classified as petite are usually 5'6"" and over. That's still taller then the average middle age women that make up QVC viewership.

Honored Contributor

There is no excuse to be made for not having petite models dressed in clothes made for the petite figure. You do not have to be tall to wear clothes well and stand out, you just need clothes that fit. qvc wants the petites to just shut up and buy what they want to offer , that's why they dress the petites in regular size clothes and hope we won't notice they're off. The petite models they do have are very pretty women and when Tracey Redford models she shows the tall girls how it's done!

Valued Contributor

I'm 5'2" and always save money when they show the petite model. It brings me back to reality and shows me that these long, boxy tops in particular will look awful on me. Thanks QVC for the petite models but now let's dress them in petite sized clothing.

Respected Contributor

I agree that the tall, thin models do look better in clothing. However, we live in a world where that is not the norm. I too applaud the Q for offering a few of both the plus sized and the petite sized models and when they do it definitely helps with the returns and saves them money as well .

I doubt that a couple of the former plus models who lost weight, are the new size any more. Why don't they just put them in the size they are now and stop squeezing them into too tight tops and jackets they can't button and be done with it?

Esteemed Contributor

Meredith is the gorgeous, blond petite model seen on D&Co. She's almost 5'3" and has a perfect petite figure (plus a beautiful face). It takes some really ugly clothing to make her look "not great." Petites can judge exactly whether they will look good in tunics, capri's, crops, pedal pushers, etc. Some petites are short waist with longer legs; some with long torsos and shorter legs. Meredith is a great addition for petites on the Q.

There's another petite model that shows up. She has a long torso with short legs. She's a perfect example for this body type petite as some long tunics and different pants do not look good at all on her. She's also excellent.

Love the petite models. If the perfect models cannot wear them beautifully, the average petite can judge how she will look in them.

I wish I knew which petite model showed up on LC.