Honored Contributor

Re: Lisa R on Project Runway All-Stars next week

On 1/16/2015 sparklestar said:
On 1/16/2015 dooBdoo said:

<em>Chi-town, jubilant</em> and <em>sparklestar</em>, I don't understand the psychology behind "hate-watching." But it clearly happens, and it happens a lot from what I've observed (and there are lots of internet articles on the topic).

I've noticed that a large percentage of the time the first people that respond do so in a very negative sarcastic way. Now you can tell most of the time by looking at the title whether or not it's something of interest. Even after you open the thread and see it's of no interest, why not just move on. It's not even a matter of "opinion" ... this thread was just a nice gesture sharing some information for those interested. But people just can't leave it at that.

Yes, I notice that too-the "need" by some to post a nasty comment or state a hate thread about a person's body, hair, clothing, mannerisms, lifestyle, etc. I see it as an excuse or diversion for them from dealing with their own issues/problems. Don't understand or relate to it at all.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

<em>Chi-town, jubilant</em> and <em>sparklestar</em>, I don't understand the psychology behind "hate-watching." But it clearly happens, and it happens a lot from what I've observed (and there are lots of internet articles on the topic).

I've noticed that a large percentage of the time the first people that respond do so in a very negative sarcastic way. Now you can tell most of the time by looking at the title whether or not it's something of interest. Even after you open the thread and see it's of no interest, why not just move on. It's not even a matter of "opinion" ... this thread was just a nice gesture sharing some information for those interested. But people just can't leave it at that.

Some topics are like lightning rods that attract both positive and negative comments. When I start a thread (which is rare), I don't mind the variety of opinions. "I never learn anything new by surrounding myself only with those who agree with me."{#emotions_dlg.laugh} (paraphrasing a quote)

However, there's a civil, courteous way to offer an opinion. I have a problem with those who are discourteous, disruptive, and who want to be petty, catty, and mock and ridicule.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Some topics are like lightning rods that attract both positive and negative comments. When I start a thread (which is rare), I don't mind the variety of opinions. "I never learn anything new by surrounding myself only with those who agree with me."{#emotions_dlg.laugh} (paraphrasing a quote)

However, there's a civil, courteous way to offer an opinion. I have a problem with those who are discourteous, disruptive, and who want to be petty, catty, and mock and ridicule.

Spirited dialog and opposing views can be very beneficial. It's less about the opposing viewpoint than the chosen harsh words/tone. QVC is way too permissive and negligent by allowing/encouraging those that behave in a manner that is "discourteous, disruptive, petty, catty, mock & ridicule", and I will add to your list--intolerant.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

I am so excited to See Lisa next week! I love project runway. Missed last nights show but will watch it ondemand.

Esteemed Contributor

What day of the week is it on? I never watch, but do want to catch it because of Lisa. TIA

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

The show is on Thursday on Lifetime. I live in Missouri and the new show starts at 8:00pm.

It will show the week before a hour earlier.

Honored Contributor

I want to thank the posters for your sweet posts.

I never gave it a thought about opening a can of worms.

The world is a better place with positive people

Super Contributor

It's interesting that those who hate Lisa watched all of her shows AND read all the threads about her. I don't think about the hosts which I don't like. You are the ones who are obsessed!

Super Contributor

DM Tiara......Lisa, is that you??????
Honored Contributor

On 1/16/2015 autumnfaire said:

It's interesting that those who hate Lisa watched all of her shows AND read all the threads about her. I don't think about the hosts which I don't like. You are the ones who are obsessed!

Yes, as well as stalking her via facebook to run back here and report on her activities. Creepy!