Honored Contributor

Re: Ladies, Is There Any Truth to This?

I am not an overpacker.  I always travel with a carry on only and bring a foldable bag because I always have more on the way home.

I absolutely hate to have to get dressed up while on vacation and have been known to skip the Captains Dinner on  a cruise because I hate to dress up and I hate to have to pack dressy clothing.  I have no room for dressy shoes and dresses.

When we went to China, an older couple that was in our group only packed a carry on for 21 Days.  As they wore the clothing, they left it behind.  Their carry on was almost empty when the trip was over and they purged their closet.  

I never did that, but I thought about it.

Respected Contributor

YES!!!!!!  Busted!  This is very funny, and so ME!

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono    Not me in the first one.  As far as the second phrase -- what is vacation?   LOL   It's veen a very long time since I had one.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

Yup, that's me. I like having options, so I always pack more than I need. Then I pack to come home and ask myself, "why did I bring all this stuff?" 😄

Trusted Contributor

There's some truth to that for me.  Not that I would actually pack 32 outfits, lol.  But I know that when we go on vacation, we'll be taking lots of photographs and I wouldn't want to be seen wearing the same outfit in every photo.  I put lots of thought into what I'm bringing when we go on a trip.

Trusted Contributor

NO

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Respected Contributor

That use to be me years ago.  I always had way too much of everything (just in case LOL).  Now, I try to take several pair of dress slack with a few extra tops to match, a couple of pair of dress shoes, casual shoes and casual outfits to mix up.  I have gone from two suitcases down to one LOL.  DH is a happy man.