Trusted Contributor

LL Bean Fans: Anyone like the Peaks Island shirts?

I just recieved the short sleeved seersucker shirt in aqua today. Great fit. I am petite, but I like my shirts longer so I ordered the extra small regular and it fits very well.

I don't have any other short sleeved buttoned up shirts from them for spring/summer. Does anyone have the Peaks Island shirts and do you like the plaid or the floral ones better?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: LL Bean Fans: Anyone like the Peaks Island shirts?

@Squirrel Lover I just looked at the Peaks Island shirts and ended up ordering one because of the great reviews. Originally was looking for a seersucker short sleeve shirt, but a number of the reviews said that the seersucker was too heavy.  We have really hot humid summer weather and the Peaks Island light weight sounds like it's perfect. Thanks for calling my attention to it!  I'll post back on this thread when it arrives if you like. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

LL Bean Peaks Island plaid shirt $44.95

image.jpeg

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Esteemed Contributor

Some colors are on sale.  The shirt I just ordered is 29.99, no tax, no shipping. Gotta love it!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Maggiemac, I am going to order two of them the one you posted and a blue floral one right now.

I have ordered several items from LL Bean this spring and I love everyone. I never have to return things from them for lack of fit like I do for QVC clothes. Their fit is very consistent.

Oh, I ordered the sky blue plaid and the blue aster. Can't wait to get them. Oh, and the seersucker does not feel heavy at all. It is really nice, not as light as the peak island material it is more substantial than that, but it is still light and comfortable. Very cute.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the review on the seersucker @Squirrel Lover.  If I like the fit on the Peaks Island shirt, there may be a seersucker in my future. Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@Squirrel Lover

I got two and they are tissue paper thin.  Their tanks are thicker than these.  I will keep them, but knowing that I have to wear a tank underneath if I want to wear them to school.  I am sure they will be quite "cool" in the summer.