Esteemed Contributor

Re: Joan Rivers' Last TV Appearance Airing Tonight

I hope NBC posts some unseen footage on their Celebrity Apprentice website. It seemed as though they edited some of Joan's segments.
Esteemed Contributor

I thought it was a very subdued appearance, not really what I expected. I was glad to see her in any event though.

Valued Contributor

She looked very pale and was so subdued. Definitely wasn't typical Joan. I'm wondering if they originally planned to show these clips.

Esteemed Contributor

It was her last appearance on Celebrity Apprentice, but her last TV appearance was on Fashion Police taped August 26 after the Emmy & MTV awards. Your statement is misleading.

Valued Contributor

I watched the show and felt sad when I saw her. I agree that she looked a little pale and was exceptionally subdued. She said very little at the board table. Not like Joan at all. Now I wonder if that was due to editing, that they did not feature her more intentionally because of her death shortly after the taping was done. There was a dedication to her at the end of the show.

Trusted Contributor

I felt it was very, very edited. Which was respectful, of course. They cut it as much as they could and still have the substance of a show. No one had any idea of her future at the time of taping, and while some people say they should not have shown it, no doubt the CA contract was for a certain number of shows before the final "live" one where they announce the winner.

I think they did a very tasteful job, and showed her in only a few segments that they probably could not cut.

It was hard to see her, still vibrant and looking so good for an 81 year old. Amazing life she had, still working and thriving.

Joan and Robin Williams deaths, and Michael Jackson's are 3 celebrity deaths that really affected me (as if I knew them), and seeing her made me sad.

I thought about their families during the holiday this year, especially thinking about Joan's grandson Cooper. Must have been a very difficult season for them. Melissa also, being an only child.

All in all though, I think CA did a good job of 'the show must go on', without making a Joan spectacle out of it.

Honored Contributor

I only saw a few minutes of the show. I dvr'd it. She looked tired and very pale in the boardroom. She didn't look like herself at all.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

She didn't say much in the boardroom. I don't know if it was edited to look like that though.

When she visited the two teams at the shoe events, she seemed like her usual bubbly self.

She didn't look pale to me. I think people are looking to find something wrong with her. This was filmed several months before her procedure. She was not sick.

Honored Contributor

I couldn't watch it, but I thought she looked beautiful in the preview. I'm sure she would have been pleased.
Honored Contributor

I didn't think she looked pale or sick at all. She wasn't sick at that time anyway.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau