Respected Contributor

Re: Joan Rivers' Last TV Appearance Airing Tonight

On 1/20/2015 winamac1 said:

I only saw a few minutes of the show. I dvr'd it. She looked tired and very pale in the boardroom. She didn't look like herself at all.

I didn't watch the show, but I did see several previews when they came on. I thought her face looked very puffy, and that she didn't look well. I wonder if she didn't go into this throat thing in less than glowing health, and this worked against her. Maybe she was already on some meds that caused the puffiness. I've never been a fan of her brand of humor, so didn't see her often, but she just didn't look well IMHO.

I do realize that the show was taped months before she passed, but there had been a change in her before the taping I think. She didn't look her usual vibrant self at all.

Respected Contributor

I watched it. She looked and sounded fine to me. A memorial pic at the end.

Honored Contributor

To me, Joan was her usual gorgeous-for-her-age and effervescent self. Seeing her so vital made the ache of her loss sharper.

ETA: Just read Win's remark, and I think I know what she means. I did notice that Joan seemed "older" in her being, but I ascribed that to her aging. As someone who is now marching on in years that are now more obvious to onlookers, I am aware of when I hit a new age plateau. I just thought Joan, too, had hit a new one.

She was quiet in the boardroom, but I interpreted that as her senior statesman apprentice persona. Heck, for a woman her age, she was such an incredible dynamo. Wish she were still here.

Honored Contributor

On 1/20/2015 BevG said:

I watched the show and felt sad when I saw her. I agree that she looked a little pale and was exceptionally subdued. She said very little at the board table. Not like Joan at all. Now I wonder if that was due to editing, that they did not feature her more intentionally because of her death shortly after the taping was done. There was a dedication to her at the end of the show.

The show was taped in March - she passed in September.

Valued Contributor

Joan was quiet, almost subdued. She look beautiful......................

Esteemed Contributor

I wish that there was more of Joan in the episode but I can understand why the show edited the episode that way, they probably didn't want to show any swearing or off color jokes. I would have liked to see more of her interacting in the boardroom too.

Honored Contributor

I thought she looked very puffy in the face. She had a ton of work done, but not the 'filler' look. She looked more like she was on prednisone or some other medication.

She was very quiet. I was dismayed when she stood up for Vivica, ugh.

Regular Contributor

I couldn't figure out why Joan was so professional and not her usual boisterous self in the boardroom until I read here about the editing. That has to be why. She would never sit so quietly in a million years. She did look puffy and wearing her hair up may be why since we could see more of her face. What a trouper and a huge loss. It was fun to see her visit both teams and give positive energy and encouragement. That showed her true colors.