Respected Contributor

Re: Jane Treacy's Studio Park Collection

I checked out her line and didn't see anything I would wear.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Respected Contributor

Much fanfare, applause and hugging over the "sell-out" of Jane's dress.

Orchestrated theatricality to simulate success.

A range of sizes and colors available this morning. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes 

I'm guilty of ordering that dress in the black petite ... glad I did as my size is indeed sold out.   Something about it just "spoke" to me ... and I normally don't ever order anything at full price.

Super Contributor

Shes bragging how it all sold out when you can still get it in the other color in almost every size.

Honored Contributor

I have to say, all the near-crying was a turn-off.  She & Courtney are certainly good actors.  

The dress looks just like the many dresses from Cuddl Duds, Denim & Co., or Belle by Kim Gravel, etc. 

I'd like to see the presentation of the sheer striped long cardigan.

Respected Contributor

I have to say that I was impressed by A594346- Studio Park x Jane Treacy Regular Island Midi Dress in black.  It looked fantastic on Courtney (?). I have to say that I wanted to order one for myself. That's how much I liked the look of it. It would look great paired with a black sweater or shawl. I am happy for Jane. 

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I have to say, all the near-crying was a turn-off.  She & Courtney are certainly good actors.  

The dress looks just like the many dresses from Cuddl Duds, Denim & Co., or Belle by Kim Gravel, etc. 

I'd like to see the presentation of the sheer striped long cardigan.

@Caaareful Shopper 

I just realized I have a VERY similar cardi from SG.  It has the sheer areas...almost identical except for the length.  I think Jane's might be longer.  I have it in blue.

No wonder I liked it, but not really 'new' or unique

A523670

It is sold old now.  It was also very pricey but I waiting for clearance.

Susan Graver Cotton/Rayon Pointelle Sweater Cardigan - A523670

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just don't understand.the pricing on these Studio Park lines. None of the hosts are designers but their selling prices are ridiculous. What happened to competitive pricing due to no middlemen. Most of her line is just ordinary and nothing to write home about. I can't understand the excitement over next to nothing. No wonder Q is on a downhill slide.

Trusted Contributor

@elated wrote:

I just don't understand.the pricing on these Studio Park lines. None of the hosts are designers but their selling prices are ridiculous. What happened to competitive pricing due to no middlemen. Most of her line is just ordinary and nothing to write home about. I can't understand the excitement over next to nothing. No wonder Q is on a downhill slide.

Agree - checked it out and the prices are way overboard.  Collection overall to me says "frumpy".

Valued Contributor

@elated wrote:

... Most of her line is just ordinary and nothing to write home about. I can't understand the excitement over next to nothing. ...

That reminds me of the folktale, The Emporer's New Clothes.

Of course, I see that often here.