Trusted Contributor

Re: Jane Looks AMAZING--in the D & C CR Dress!

I would order that dress in a heartbeat if they had my size. Guess I will stalk the As Is when some get returned or the Bay.

Honored Contributor

Here's the dress.  It was a maxi dress on Jane because she's so short.  It's actually considered a midi.

Trusted Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Love to Run wrote:

And right on cue! Whenever someone compliments Jane, there is a poster who simply cannot resist saying something nasty. It's almost as if they know her personally. What is the motivation? Jealousy, envy, fixation? I just don't get it.

@Love to Run  Jealous!  LOL   of what?    Sorry JT has nothing that I would want..

Kindness

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Respected Contributor

That is cute!  I have a demin one sort of like that!  I love mine.

Respected Contributor

@darkhomespun wrote:

Beautiful. She always looks wonderful in a tighter bodice and a wide flare skirt. A Dior New Look cut.

@darkhomespun I agree. She definitely wears that style well.

Honored Contributor

They are showing a lot of midi dresses but very few maxi dresses I have noticed. I have only seen one maxi and it was Denim & Co.

Trusted Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Jane did look fantastic in that dress.  

I'm so glad she shows her arms in sleeveless dresses [and tops].  She has said many times that she loves her arms because they held her babies, and hug her loved ones.  They're a reminder of how she's able to still do things today.  That's my motto as well!  

Jane does have a real talent for finding a way to mention her daughters in every presentation.  The dress did look nice on her (had to find a video because I don't watch her).  The ruffles on the shoulder seams would drive me crazy.  So many maxi dresses are being shown.  I would like some short sleeve summer dresses that fall just below my knees, but I am not finding much on QVC.

@Puppy Lips ... l wouldn't be able to wear the dress Jane had on but so pretty on her. I'm under 5 feet and love my below-the-knee dresses! Most of my dresses are from QVC...Isaac has some. Susan Graver... can't think of other companies...Kohl's... l wear petite. I love wearing these short dresses on hot days in the summer! 

Esteemed Contributor

I like the shirt dress style, too. I have a navy blue (plain) dress I bought years ago from JJill. I believe you have to wear what works for your body and different things work for different people.

I have a variety of dresses. They may be "retro" but I don't care, if I like the way I look in it, that's what I'm going to wear.

Esteemed Contributor

@EastCoastGal I'm short also so I do have to pick and choose what dresses I buy.  I can't buy the midi length that is so in style right now.  I want something above or at the knee or to my ankles.  The in between length just cuts me off and makes me look shorter. I like dresses for summer. Easy to wear and cooler than jeans or shorts IMO!

I have several dresses from IMs line, wear them often in the summer and a couple of dresses from Linea that I absolutely adore. I also have dresses from JJill. I bought two dresses some years ago and last year I wore both of them to weddings. I was very  happy to have them.

Funny story - years ago and I do mean years - QVC sold a couple of things that were supposed to be tunics and on the tall models they most definitely wore.  Well I bought 3 of them in all of the colors they have.  On me, they hit just above the knee.  Love them and wear them often. I think it was sport savvy and they have held up very well.

Esteemed Contributor

pretty color too @San Antonio Gal